Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody got an atomic bomb I could use?

Because I got some people who need killin'. Or at the very least intense disfiguration.

Tonight's truck was 1300 cartons, which is small for us. We would have finished it with ease if it weren't for the following:
    • The DC sent us 3 pallets of holiday dishes. Dishes that the DC supposedly didn't have, according to a memo sent down earlier in the week, and thus corporate wanted us to purge all the holiday dishes out of backstock to the floor. So we had to spend a good portion of the night arranging and rearranging and we still couldn't fit them all out.
    • One of the mouth breathers who unloaded the truck decided to stack about 20 cases of detergent on their sides. This is terrible, horrible, no good, very bad. Detergent bottles tend to leak when turned on their sides. So we went to jack up the pallet to take it to the floor and it was bonded to the floor by a thick film of frozen detergent. And of course the leaking bottle was at the bottom of the stack.
    • We had to keep dodging the cleaning guy, who as usual was trying to ram the floor scrubber up our collective asses. The guy seems to have a deep-seated need to clean the department we all happen to be working in.

So as a result, we didn't have time to throw away all the garbage or empty cardboard boxes, or load repack totes back on the truck. Store manager told us not to sweat it but we can't help but feel bad anyways.

Oh--and here's the icing on the turd: As I was brushing the snow off my car before going home, some yahoo pulled up next to me and barked "HEY! You got any Wiis?"

Me: No, we do not have any Wiis. I don't know when they will be coming in.
    Yahoo: Really? Or are they just making you say that?
    Me: No, we do not have any Wiis. No, I do not know when they are coming in. If for some reason you need to ask somebody else who will tell you exactly the same thing, please bug somebody who's on the clock working. Kthnxbai.

And with that I hopped in the Irvmobile and got the hell outta Dodge.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X