X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank You All !!
    I feel better now!
    Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
    The following is subject to change:
    If Your Going Through Hell,
    Keep Going...

Comment

Unfortunately, as some of the previous posters have pointed out, some of these parents don't realize that it only takes a few seconds for somebody to grab up their kid and take off with them.

We used to have to deal with unattended children all the time between all of the tourist traps I've worked for. I remember seeing lots of unattended children especially in Williamsburg. These kids used to play with the ropes that separated the lines, usually right in front of the supervisor station. My supervisor was the best. She would politely but firmly tell the kids to not play with the ropes and to go back and find their parents. Keep in mind the stands these ropes hook too are not secured to the floor and they will hurt you if they fall on you. One parent actually had the gall to complain when my supervisor told a group of kids to not play with the ropes. My supervisor told that person off and in a big way. Seriously, you're in a major tourist destination and you can't be bothered to watch your kids.
      Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

^agreed leashes for kids is the best thing ever invented for the little ones who refuse to stay right next to you. And i promise its 1 in 100 that will when you walk past the ubermegaultra colorful toy section (TM). the leashes them selves are not abuse its the parents who JERK the things hard enough the child actually leaves the ground and lands on his ass right next to mommy. (yes i've seen this happen)

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          I had some teenage girl say, "How mean," to her friends

One argument I have heard about the subject of it being mean is that it is probably more mean to make the child hold their hand above their head for what could be a very long time.

I mean think about it, would you rather hold your hand above your head for an hour or be able to walk normally?

Comment

I had a scary incounter when I was a teenager working in a deli with a small child. She was about 3 years old and totally adorable. Blonde hair in little bunches wearing a cute pink dress. She was running up to the deli waving to me then giggling when I waved back and said hi. As she got more braver she started to come behind the counter to me. Freaking out over all the knives and cutting machines behind there I'd hurry her back to the customer side and look around for her parent. No one seemed to be watching her at all. On her fifth time of running behind the counter I picked her up and asked her where mummy was. She seemed too young to talk properly as she'd only say things like 'Hi' 'Kitty' and 'boo'. My manager told me to walk around with her and see if I could see a parent panicing. Our supermarket had 15 aisles and the deli ran the length of aisle 1-5. I finally found the mother in aisle 13! after the little girl giggled and said 'mum mum' pointing to her. When I went over to her the lady said 'oh there she is.' like nothing was wrong!.
            To this day I still feel a cold chill wondering what could have happened if I had ignored her and just carried on working.

Comment

Working...
            X