This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to the old stamping grounds

I still use the same dentist I did when I was in retail. Well, the place is about twenty yards from the front door of the shop I was trapped in.

Teeth inspected, I wandered around, chatting to other people still stuck in retail up there. I was blanked by one long-term customer, who saw me and widened her eyes, but then proceeded to ignore me.

The other part ... let's talk about Keith. He owned the newsagent's next to us, though he sold it a couple of years before we left. He could be a complete so-and-so if he regarded you as inferior to him, but generally a decent enough sort.

He died of a heart attack a couple of months back.

Rapscallion

Thread title suggestion: "Back to the old chomping grounds".

*ducks*

Comment

It's supposed to be stomping grounds raps.

It's weird how things change, I've not visited my old work places but I think it'd be too weird to go back.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Actually, it's stamping. Stomping is a corruption. Like "Three sheets to the wind" is actually originally "Three sheets in the wind."
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

A friend recently started work at a hotel I used to work at, I was going to visit him there, mostly for mockery purposes but they now charge £5 for non-residents to drink in the bars.
          Campaign for Xmas workplace sanity

If you start off with the premise that the general public are stupid and work up from there you will be fine, and occasionally supprised.

Comment

Working...
          X