This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas to me

So I'm at work, and only one person other than me was scheduled to work in my department. I also should mention that apparently, my department has cooties, because no one sits anywhere within shouting distance of us.

My coworker got sent home early about an hour ago. I can't go because I don't have any time off to use, and they won't let me go unpaid.

I have 3 more hours to kill. I think I'm slowly starting my own civilization over here.

Anyone else working today?

By the way...

I'll add that I've become a Sudoku master at this point. I'm running out of things to click on that my IT department has deemed work-friendly.

Comment

yeah I work my normal shift, 7pm to 1am.. but I'm going to try and leave early

Comment

I'm working today, also tomorrow. The joys of the catering industry.
        Campaign for Xmas workplace sanity

If you start off with the premise that the general public are stupid and work up from there you will be fine, and occasionally supprised.

Comment

I'm working today (almost done for the day though), and tomorrow too. And the day after. I'm also working New Year's Eve and Day.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I don't feel so bad now, at least my department is closed on major holidays.

Comment

Hey, that's nice. Technically, the college is closed from the 21 to the 6 of Jan. But since this I'm in the residence, there needs to be someone at the front desk in case of emergencies for the few students around. And there's five of us to cover. Three 8 hour shifts, 7 days a week. And one person just got a nasty cold.

Bring on the overtime and holiday pay

Comment

That right there is a downside to my job. Although 8am-5pm Monday-Friday sounds awesome at first, you can't get any overtime because that's the only time we're open. That and the whole "using up your entire vacation bucket for things other than vacation that can only be done during the week" thing.

Comment

Given that though, I think I'd still rather a 9-5 type job. I've worked overnight shifts, I've worked evening shifts, I've worked midday shifts, and a rare number of precious daytime shifts. And overall, I think I just prefer those. Plus at least then you have some kind of idea of what you're working, so you can plan.

Comment

The night porter at the hotel has gone ill so I'll be working 2:45pm Sunday to 7:30am Monday, the back for 10:30pm to 7:30am Monday night
                    Campaign for Xmas workplace sanity

If you start off with the premise that the general public are stupid and work up from there you will be fine, and occasionally supprised.

Comment

Working...
                    X