This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't survive the day

I thought today was a good day. I need a buttload of overtime to pay off the credit card bill I've racked up this season, so imagine how happy I was when I called this morning and global traffic said there was unlimited overtime... the only catch was that it wouldn't be in my department, I would be in general reservations rather than market area... oh well, I still get paid the same, and I can handle general reservations just fine even if it's not my preference. Guess what I discovered right before i started my shift (ie after it is too late to back out of this) that the reason there is unlimited overtime is because the UK call center is closed... we will be taking their calls as well as ours... So almost half the calls I've taken have been calls forwarded from the UK... which normally wouldn't be bad except I can't understand half of what they are saying between the accent (not the bigger problem) and the very weak connection from it being halfway around the world... as if that wasn't bad enough I'm now having to quote rates in currencies I'm not familiar with and with tax policies I don't understand... I'm not going to make it.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    and with tax policies I don't understand... I'm not going to make it.
    If it's any consolation, we don't understand them either.

Rapscallion

Comment

There is but one solution... Good luck!
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
        There is but one solution... Good luck!
        Unfortunately for smileyeagle, she's Mormon, no drinking alcohol.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I thought Smiley had specifically said "Not Mormon" in other posts
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Unfortunately for smileyeagle, she's Mormon, no drinking alcohol.
            Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            I thought Smiley had specifically said "Not Mormon" in other posts
            first broomjockey, yes, I actually am Mormon, I think the post you were thinking of was me saying that I probably should not have told a caller that I was Mormon and wagegoth, I am in fact a he, but I won't hold it against you because none of my callers can figure out that i'm a guy either

Oh, and as you can tell, I did survive yesterday... barely.
            My last caller was my favorite though, when he said that he was shocked that a "girl" in utah would be more knowledgeable and helpful than the person at the hotel in vermount... the rest of the day was spent by nice people calling for the US and Australia and a bunch of royal douches from the UK... every single one of them complained that they didn't want to speak to someone in the US, they wanted to speak to someone in the UK... well guess what, yesterday there were only 2 english speaking centers open yesterday, Salt Lake City UT and Charleston SC... want to speak to someone in english that isn't located in one of those two cities call back tomorrow when your center opens again.

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              first broomjockey, yes, I actually am Mormon, I think the post you were thinking of was me saying that I probably should not have told a caller that I was Mormon and wagegoth, I am in fact a he, but I won't hold it against you because none of my callers can figure out that i'm a guy either
              Yep, confused somewhere along the line. Glad you survived though
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Oops, sorry. Mea culpa.
                Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                HR believes the first person in the door
                Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                Document everything
                CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Yep, confused somewhere along the line. Glad you survived though
                  yup, I'm now back in my own (supposedly harder to work) department...

though I did have some very nice people compliment me on how well I did my job

that's when I explained that technically the calls I was taking were beneath my paygrade... all you want to know is how far it is to the airport and the amtrak station... I'm used to getting the spanish inquisition as to which bus route or train number to take to get from the airport to the hotel

still, I'd much rather take the spanish inquisition rather than taking non stop calls that are always very short in length and cover the entire planet... considering normally I have nice leisurely calls that are limited to only 4 cities.

Comment

Working...
                  X