This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still in utter disbelief . . .

I was supposed to work from 10-6 today. 2 o' clock rolls around, and wait, what? My ears must have deceived me. Did that sup just say 'Go home'.

I double-check. Yes she did.

Dude, it's Christmas Eve and I got to leave work FOUR hours early!

That is all.

*does a happy dance*
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I worked 5 am to 1:30 today.

Leaving early was not an option. The store was nucking futs today. I have never seen the store this crowded on Christmas Eve. People were having to park on the street because the lot was full (it isn't a very big lot though)
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

ZOMG! DO THAH SPIDER-MAN!

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

I was supposed to work a 10-6 on Saturday, but got sent home at 2:30. I wasn't sent home because we were slow though, we were rockin'...I was so sick that I could barely hold myself up. Between feeling feverish alternating with being absolutely freezing, constantly coughing up phlegm, sounding like a bullfrog had taken up residence in my throat, and being overall sluggish, they decided to send me home. I went home and slept all afternoon and all night
        Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Woohoo! I got to go home at 3:30 today (normally 5). Merry Christmas!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

you all suck... i was going to have this day off, now I'm doing a full 9 hour shift... ok, so I did volunteer but we have been busy beyond belief (current count 92 calls).
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

The last time I closed on Christmas Eve, I was supposed to work like 11-7 or something, closing early at 7. My manager (and this is ok to do since it was a small mom and pop store) said "If you want, you can start closing as soon as it slows down or whenever you want to."

Unfortunately, I wanted to close at 4:30, but it was getting busy. As soon as the rush died down around 5, I ran and locked all the doors and shut off the lights and closed at 5. It was a NIGHTMARE, people just kept coming and coming. I had to put up a sign on the locked doors that said CLOSED.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I worked a 12 hour shift today, yesterday and the day before. I work the day after Christmas. But oh! this is my Christmas off, F you Vicky, Linda and the rest of my unit, you traitors!!!
                Secret Shopper RN

Comment

P.S. grrrrrr...........
                  Secret Shopper RN

Comment

I went through similar this past Saturday . . .

I was planning to work until 4 to finish up the delivery that came Friday, but of course hours are still being cut.

I hadn't been back from lunch an hour when the manager shooed me out the door. I still had 3 totes left to finish up and I wanted to run through some back stock.

So much for that idea . . . I would have had 39 hours for the week but ended up with 36 1/2.

Grrrrrrrrrr is the word of the week . . .
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                      Unfortunately, I wanted to close at 4:30, but it was getting busy. As soon as the rush died down around 5, I ran and locked all the doors and shut off the lights and closed at 5. It was a NIGHTMARE, people just kept coming and coming. I had to put up a sign on the locked doors that said CLOSED.
                      Ugh. When I worked in the stores they used to put up a sign when we left on Christmas Eve (and the day before Thanksgiving); something to the effect of: We are spending the holiday with our families. We will be open on blah at blah o'clock. Have a wonderful holiday.

Today's Retail is good for this thread...
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                      X