Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to clean out my cubicle today...

That's right...I cleared out all my stuff from my cubicle. I no longer work there.

Starting Wednesday, I am officially full-time in my new job. I have been working mornings in my old job and afternoons in the new department for the last couple weeks. Before that I worked only the last 2 hours of my day in the new job for 2 weeks.

Now I just need to figure out what the hell I'm doing...I have been having trouble holding things in my brain lately...new year, new habits...I plan to start eating better and getting to the gym and getting more sleep. Words of inspiration and encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Wish me luck!! I'ma gonna need it!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

You'll be fine. Don't forget, now you have only approximately 50% of the duties and responsibilities. AND you can say "I'm new to this, how does it go again?" for a while longer. so that takes the heat off a bit.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Don't choke!

You'll do fine! Really!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

BroomJockey, that comment has got to cost you Karma points!
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Congrats on the new job . . .

Just take a deep breath and try not to overstress . . . I know it seems daunting at first, but take a bit of time to learn and ask questions. Don't ever be shy about asking questions - it's part of the process.

In no time, you'll find your groove so to speak and things will smooth out and everything will work out fine.

And don't forget to breathe
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Thanks, guys... (and Broomjockey, you should read that as sarcasm )

I'm not really that worried. My boss doesn't seem to expect me to quite grasp things ... so that makes me feel better. He asked me how I felt about it one day and I said "A little overwhelmed" ... and he said "good."

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
              BroomJockey, that comment has got to cost you Karma points!
              Awww. I don't even know how much I've got left on my Karma Kard.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Thanks, guys... (and Broomjockey, you should read that as sarcasm )
              AAAawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*kicks the ground a bit and shuffles feet* I'm sorry, didn't mean it
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                I'm sorry. Didn't mean it
                Fixed that fer ya..

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  Awww. I don't even know how much I've got left on my Karma Kard.

AAAawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

*kicks the ground a bit and shuffles feet* I'm sorry, didn't mean it
                  OK, well, since it's Christmas, I'll forgive...

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    ...I have been having trouble holding things in my brain lately...new year, new habits...I plan to start eating better and getting to the gym and getting more sleep. Words of inspiration and encouragement are greatly appreciated.
                    You're not alone in that regard. I'm in the same boat you are (except I still have to find a job).

You can succeed in all of your goals. It takes a lot of work and determination, but it can be done. I wish you success and good fortune in your endeavors.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

My boss sent me an email this afternoon, around 4:30, that said "Congratulations, you've almost finished your first full day in your "new" job. Keep up the good work!"

...don't know how much "work" I really did today but it's nice to hear

Comment

Best of luck. I'm sure you'll do fine.
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
                        X