Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't know who ticked me off (actually, I do)...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know who ticked me off (actually, I do)...

...but I have been up all my funeral homes' ASSES today.

Then again, it couldn't be because EVERY FRIGGIN' ONE of them has called me to correct "little errors" on their obits (of which I have about 18 today). Little errors like, oh, leaving off ALL SEVEN CHILDREN. Leaving off the entire SERVICES. Misspelling the name of the decendent...THREE DIFFERENT WAYS...when the name is the non-anonymous equivelant of John Smith. Sending an obit for someone that ISN'T DEAD and so far as any of us can tell, doesn't even EXIST.

So every time they've called me with a "little error" I've kept them on the phone for fifteen minutes going over the obituaries with them comma by freaking comma to "make sure there are no more 'little errors' ".

Maybe this way they'll learn to proofread their shit before they go spinning it off at me. I mean, it's one thing if they leave off one name, or misspell something like "Grey" when the name is "Gray" or something that's actually minor. But I'm having to almost rewrite these things myself. DAMN.

Tough love, or just an excuse to be bitchy? You be the judge.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
    Tough love, or just an excuse to be bitchy?
    Why not both?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
    X