This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with School! Oh wait...

I have been working really hard to finish school with 2 degrees in 4.5 years, and last semester I had checked with an adviser to make sure that everything was set for me to graduate and finish school this month. So far, so good. I was set. I polished up my resume, sent it out to various employers looking for people like me yesterday, and was waiting for responses. Fast forward to today.

So I'm not having that great of a morning, various minor things that just lead to me trying really hard to stay in a good mood for work, and then I check my email. My professional email had an email from a headhunter saying that there were a few positions she would like to talk to me about, and my school email had an email from the new adviser for the college I belong to saying that I didn't have enough credit hours to finish school. So I check, and he's saying I'm short 9 credit hours. Dang. That's close enough to a full-time semester. Now I'm pissed because one of the things I had asked his predecessor *specifically* was whether or not there was a minimum number of credits required to complete a double major and was told there wasn't. So WTF. I email the current adviser back, also emailing it to his predecessor and an assistant dean of the college, and ask what was up and how to resolve. Now the adviser is saying that he's going to talk to the assistant dean and try to work this out for me. Great. Thanks for telling me nearly a week after classes ended.

Currently, I have put my future on hold while I find out whether I will be completing another semester of school or not. This includes waiting to respond to prospective employers, waiting to find a second job to help pay bills while I wait to get a full time job, waiting to do ANYTHING related to my career. I hope, with all seriousness, that he can waive that credit requirement for my sake, because dang, if that doesn't suck. I made many decisions for this past semester based on the fact that I THOUGHT I WOULD BE DONE BY NOW! Yes, I do have one incomplete course to finish up, but I do have a few months to actually do that. One incomplete is not nearly as problematic as three courses! AHHHHH!!!!

Ok, I'm done venting now. Oh, and if anyone wants my resume, I'm seeking job opportunities in the IT field. One of my degrees is for MIS. I'm looking for a job in the SE Mass area, but if a company is paying relocation bills, I might be enticed away. I'll still throw my resume around, even if I do have to finish another semester. I figure, if they show interest now, they might be able to get me an internship if need be while I finish school, then hire me full time later.
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Good luck! I am sure it will all turn out alright. I know how you feel though...

I have a few years to go with university yet, meant to be doing an essay at the mo about the French Revolution...due in on the 4th, 900 words.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Good news! Everything is fine. They're going to waive the credit requirement. Thank goodness. Job search, here I come!

Good luck on the paper, PKAH. I hate writing papers myself. Although, after all is said and done, I've written some 30+ page documents for my marketing classes. It goes a lot faster than you think once you get started.
      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
      The Office

Comment

Yay congrats You must be so relieved.

I have written the title so far...
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

I've found that it's best to just start writing. Don't try to be organized or anything. Just start writing stuff down (ah, the joys of word processing software!), and organize it later. You can start picking out what you want to write about and emphasize, then you'll probably see your outline form without much effort.

Go, Princess Katie!
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
          X