This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smackdown delivered!

I work at a grocery store on Saturdays (teach during the week), and we all get along for the most part. We have our resident crazies, but everyone's cool with each other.

K, a male bagger, is about as dumb as a ton of bricks and has an ego the size of Texas. He playfully hits on a lot of girls. Not to the point where we're threatened, just mildly annoyed. He likes to 'hit on' me (in quotes because he ROYALLY sucks at it haha) because I throw it back at him. However, I got revenge today....

This morning before clocking in:

K: Hey, M, when are we going out?
    Me: We're not going out, K. My standards are MUCH higher than that.
    K:
    The rest of the break room (where the smackdown took place):

So yes, it was the talk of the front end for the rest of the day. I'm quite proud of myself, and K was visibly stunned.

By the way, he's 19, dumb, and thinks WAY too high of himself. I'm 22, well-educated, generally humble (I'm sarcastically egotistic sometimes, but it's all tongue-in-cheek), and cute. I can afford to be picky. K, on the other hand, well...he's lucky to get what he gets (sorry, but I'm also honest).

Still, it was quite funny
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Ya done good! One of my favorites, if you've not used it, is "Honey, you got a better chance of winning the lottery without buying a ticket." Of course, delivered with a wicked smile.

Comment

my favs....
      "sorry I prefer men"
      "sorry I like humans"

but my best now is "sorry i have a boyfriend." attempts beyond that... then they'll hear about how much he keeps me happy.

Comment

I tend to be polite when they start hitting on me- but if it carries on, I get more and more insulting.

'I'm sorry, I only breed within my own species' is a good one, as is 'How many times do I have to flush befor you'll go away?'
        Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

My personal favourite is:

If I throw a stick, will you leave?
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

A good response I just thought of now is "I'm sorry, I only date guys whose knuckles don't bleed when they walk."
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've always preferred:

"I've got better things to do and you're not one of them."

Comment

I used to say "Sorry, I don't like men", but that just made them more interested.

Now I just say "Sorry but...um...no."
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                  Oooooooooooh, I'm permanently borrowing that one!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    I used to say "Sorry, I don't like men", but that just made them more interested.
                    Sorry, but "Duh." Pretty much any guy is either going to know it's a lie, and think that you're just playing hard to get, or is going to want to try and "turn" you.

Basic guy psychology. Better would be to crush them by looking them up and down, and doing the little wrist-flick dismissal while turning away. They'll probably think you stuck up, but they'll leave you alone at lot more of the time.
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      Pretty much any guy is either going to know it's a lie, and think that you're just playing hard to get, or is going to want to try and "turn" you.
                      Or they'll want to join. Definitely not a good way to get them to leave you alone.

Basic guy psychology. Better would be to crush them by looking them up and down, and doing the little wrist-flick dismissal while turning away. They'll probably think you stuck up, but they'll leave you alone at lot more of the time.
                      Indeed. High maintenance? Guys run away. Works well. Or you could say something about kids. That gets most of them to turn tail and flee as well.
                      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                      The Office

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
                        Or you could say something about kids. That gets most of them to turn tail and flee as well.
                        Eh...That one's iffy. That means the person's "put out" before, and didn't mention a significant other. That = easy for that type of guy.
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

How could I forget? Men hate stuck up chicks. I'm trying that next time.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            Eh...That one's iffy. That means the person's "put out" before, and didn't mention a significant other. That = easy for that type of guy.
                            I've told guys I have a kid before to get them to back off.. most of them didn't believe me, but then I pulled out his pictures Didn't have to worry about them bothering me anymore, but it is a double edged sword.. I have problems finding a date.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                              Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                              'How many times do I have to flush befor you'll go away?'
                              Both of these for the win!
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X