This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh My God There Is a Line

Great detective work. How could there possibly be a line in a popular clothing store in the mall on a day when a students are off school to exchange or spend their Christmas gifts/money? I can't believe there is a line! I just need to exchange this can I do this up here? (I'm the greeter so I am placed at the front of the store i.e. nowhere near a register.) Can I give you the money? (I was asked this roughly six times.) Here is the typical conversation.

Me = Me
    C = customer

C = This line is really long (This is true. At one point it reached the front of the store and had to wrap around the front table.)
    Me = We have all the registers going but if you still feel uncomfortable waiting that long it would be wise to browse and wait 15 or 30 minutes.
    C = I don't see how that would be wiser.
    Me = The sales floor is pretty much empty so all of our customers are in line.
    C = But I will loose my place in line.
    Me = Whatever you are more comfortable with.

Thanks for reading my rant.

So what did the customer think you could do? Wave a magic wand & POOF! no more lines??...lol.

Comment

I'm retty sure they think you'll pull a till from your arse and do the refund straight away.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

"I can't stand to wait in line long
        So I built a new machine
        It just measures up the distance
        And then eliminates the folks between"

Maybe that kind of magic?
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

Several people thought they should get to butt because they only had so many items or only had to exchange/refund just like everybody else in line.

Comment

Well... I have a friend who works part-time at Boots (a large healthcare/beauty chain here in the UK). Whenever the place is really busy he opens up a till for me - there is this one stand-up till that is hardly ever open, so he can usually use that one to serve me. I tell you, it's who you know...

Comment

It took me an hour to return a set of plates (the box was sealed when I bought it, some plates were broken) and when I got there they'd run out of cash and gift cards for refunds! The returns counter guy seemed happy when I said I just wanted an exchange. I got the last one, and made sure everything was intact before I left the store.

Comment

Working...
              X