This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-uniform day!!

Tonight is New Years Eve, and the manager has said that everyone working can wear their normal clothes. I am VERY tempted to go in fancy dress and insist this is how I dress outside of work.

But one good thing is that if I work the bar floor, I could always try and blend in with the customers, so I might get less hassel!

I miss wearing "normal" clothes to work.

You're lucky.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I wear normal clothes to work. But I have to wear an apron with the store's name on it.

Comment

I have to wear my uniform to work, its the law!

No I'm not joking
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

My job is officially changing the uniform policy. Starting tomorrow, Jan. 1, we can wear khakis and only khakis.

I miss my jeans already.

I'm going to have to go back to keeping a duffel bag with a complete outfit in my car so I can change if/when I have plans after work.
          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

We can wear jeans and such to work, so long as we wear relatively nice tops (polos, sweaters, no t-shirts, etc). Of course, I'm wearing jeans and a sweater and just realized that if I do decide to go out after work, I'll have to go home and change before heading out. Boo.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

we dont have a uniform where we work. We basically dress in casual dress...meaning no jeans, and no t-shirts. I usually wear a button up shirt or sweater (it IS winter here after all) and cordouroy pants. It really doesnt matter what we wear as long as we have our nametag on (on a lanyard hanging from our neck).
              "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                My job is officially changing the uniform policy. Starting tomorrow, Jan. 1, we can wear khakis and only khakis.

I miss my jeans already.

I'm going to have to go back to keeping a duffel bag with a complete outfit in my car so I can change if/when I have plans after work.
                I just have to put this out there: khaki pants are so tacky these days (obviously it's not your fault for choosing the required wardrobe nor was it choice to wear them). And they look rather unprofessional at places such as certain major electronic retailers (yes, both major chains). I'm a fan of black or gray pants myself since they go with everything and look nice, but I can understand how corporate people want everything to be sterile and look the same. I have one pair of khaki pants and those are reserved for laundry and/or snow days. Then again, I can wear what I want (with the exception of jeans and t-shirts, I work for a bank after all) as long as it looks professional.

Although... If I could get away with it I would totally wear jeans and a comfy t-shirt every day.
                Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Work has a pretty relaxed dress code, but no shorts. If we're in the field, there's a risk of chemical exposure. If we're in the lab, there's a risk of chemical spills. If we're purely office folk it's unprofessional.

*shrug* Small enough thing when it means I can pretty much roll out of bed and go to work in ripped jeans and a sweat shirt.

Comment

At my company, the dress code is relatively strict. Issued uniform shirt, black pants, black belt (required, even if you don't otherwise need a belt), black socks, and black shoes. Yes, they specify black socks, though that's rarely enforced. Also, if you have anything visible on under your shirt, the visible part must be solid white or solid black. I once got spoken to for having a gray t-shirt on under my uniform shirt, and the only reason I hadn't removed it was because it was very cold.

The good thing is that the code only specifies that the shoes be black, not any particular type. Therefore I wear solid black New Balance sneakers to work, so my feet rarely hurt afterwards.

Every six months or so we get three consecutive days of relaxed dress code. Generally 1 day when we can wear a t-shirt or sweatshirt instead of the uniform shirt, one day for jeans, and one day for a sports jersey.

Usually I try to wear unique but non offensive t-shirts to these. I once wore a DeLorean Motor Company t-shirt that said STAFF on it. This caused one customer to look at me quizzically and ask "is that a 25 year old shirt????"

On the last t-shirt day I wore a shirt given to me by The Greatest Customer of All Time.

Next time around I think I'll wear my new weird shirt. It's flaming orange and says "Got Turkey?" on the front. (It's from a restaurant called Hart's Turkey Farm).
                    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Job #1- Dress however we want too.
                      Job #2a- Out of town events: Black khaki's with a White button down shirt, Black socks and shoes, Black belt
                      Job #2b- In Town events: Regular brown khaki's with a White button down shirt, Brown belt, and Black shoes
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I can wear whatever I want, as long as everything is covered, and any t-shirts don't sport profanity, religion or politics.

Aren't professors *supposed* to be eccentric??
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Official policy is business casual, but my sup lets us wear anything we want because our team is third shift.

He still tries and motivates us with dress down passes though.

Comment

Working...
                          X