This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Upgrades

Just a question for all you cell phone CSRs.

I've been in my current contract with Sprint/Nextel for about a year and a half. I'm interested in getting a new pnone and I'm wondering at what point I would be eligible for discount on an upgrade. Yeah, I know I could call and get the info, but I'm at work right now and don't really have the time to chat with the rep. If anyone here has some basic info on the subject, I'd really appreciated it.
    If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Go through eCare... they'll give you a better deal.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Um, first post but I've been lurking for a while. Please don't threaten to cancel, Kara and her ilk, (myself included) have a hard enough time keeping liquids going down and not up. Better bet is to ask what deals they have going on, and if you qualify for any of them. Make it pleasant for the rep, and the rep will make it pleasant for you most times.

Comment

patiokitty is correct (first post, anyway). $75 for the first year, $150 for the second.
        I just bought/upgraded my SPCS phone online last month. I saved an extra $50 instantly for buying on their website. Otherwise, I would have to do a $50 mail-in rebate, and Sprint is notorious for not fulfilling rebate claims (or taking forever and a day to do it).

I got a nice Sanyo phone that has all the bells and whistles that I need, for a very nice price - $50.

I did have to re-sign my contract for another 2 years, but I have been with Sprint for a long time, and have never had any major problems with them, so it was no big deal for me.
        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Sorry it took so long to reply. Still haven't bought a new phone, but at least i have some info to go on.
          If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
            Sprint is notorious for not fulfilling rebate claims
            I know that!!!

Never did get the rebate from my first phone from them.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
              Um, first post but I've been lurking for a while. Please don't threaten to cancel, Kara and her ilk, (myself included) have a hard enough time keeping liquids going down and not up. Better bet is to ask what deals they have going on, and if you qualify for any of them. Make it pleasant for the rep, and the rep will make it pleasant for you most times.
              best thing to do is to wait until your contract is very close to ending... because then you don't need to use any threats

back in 04 my cell phone had been stolen (apt broken into), so I went to verizon to get a new phone. My contract was about 3 days from the 2 year mark, so i asked if I could just upgrade *then* instead of waiting.

They had to check with the manager but... the answer came back as "Yes."
              No threats issued but... I guess they realized "Three days short of being able to upgrade... also means she's 3 days short of being able to end the contract without any penalties"

Comment

Working...
              X