This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crappy New Year!

Who had to work on new years eve or day?

I had a quiet new year's eve (myself and my fiance sat up until midnight watching TV, then went to bed once the local fireworks had quieted down). I worked from 8am-1pm new years day. It was so quiet that I did a bunch of stuff the afternoon shift was supposed to do.

New Year's Eve. But I didn't have to work overtime for a change, so I was off at 5:30 pm. Yea!
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

They tried to get me in but I ignored the voice mail.

Comment

We had the day off. So I just ran around my the parents.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I worked New years eve 9pm-6am, then New years day 9pm-6am.
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

i worked 3-7 new years eve. when we close at 6 they throw everyone(employees, customers are thrown out at closing) out at 7

Comment

New Year's Eve- 7:30-6. We opened an hour early for some unknown reason, as we had not a single piece of New Year's merchandise.

New Year's Day- 8:30-6. The day I officially became manager. The day that one our lady's 13 yr old nephew committed suicide. Last night, my floor supervisor's husband died of a massive heart attack. I have one other employee, we're a small store and running short handed, though I did start interviews yesterday. The other employee is out of town (requested the days off before any of this other happened) so I'll be doing it by myself today. With a truck coming in.

Yeah, Happy New Year's. I'm scared to wonder what's next.

Guild Wars- Ravynn Darkshine, Drasnian Silk
              MySpace- PhantasmBastion

Comment

New Year's Eve 12 -8.30
                New Year's Day not til 5.45pm - 11.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I've got all of you beat.... I worked four 8PM to 8 AM shifts, starting Saturday night, Sunday night, New Years Eve, and New Year's Day.... that's the suckiest schedule I've ever had to work.

I'm an overnight assistant manager for the big company that we dare not speak its name, too...

Comment

worked 13 hours NYE and 10 hours New Years day. Was very busy. Made me very tired.

Made lots of money.
                    "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Worked NYE and NYD, but......

NYE switched schedules with a wonderful coworker....she wanted to make money, I wanted the night shift off, so she took my double server shift downstairs, and I took her daytime bartender shift on the roof deck.

NYD didn't have to work till 5, though said wonderful coworker texted me and asked me to come in early, so I showed up at 4....we were both happy. (I was just sitting around at that point anyway.)

And I had a blast on NYE, so I absolutely can't (and won't) complain. That and the first week of 08 has been just spectacular for me in so many ways. There are times when being the Jester freakin RAWKS!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X