This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My attitude "problem"

If anyone isn't already aware, myself (and the other trainers) have been butting heads with the room runners since gosh knows when. They are supposed to be working with us, they have been reminded to schedule us next to our trainees, they are also supposed to not put pressure on trainers to meet daily goal because most of us have multiple trainees. Boss knows this, and he wants us to put training as #1 priority, and ONLY get some production out if trainees are comfortable on their own machines for great amounts of time. With trainees like DipShit, no one should expect a lot out of me, considering I will spend nearly an entire night trying to work with him.

Tuesday night, DipShit got one of the room runners to help him, and I don't know why, but the room runner couldn't fix the problem, so he said "Blas, will you PLEASE teach DipShit the next level so that he can get this to work?" Now, he said it RIGHT IN FRONT of DipShit.......so you guessed it......there was DipShit, standing next to him, staring at me with the puppy eyes "Oh can I?! Can I? Can I?! PLEASE!?"

So of course that put me in a bad spot. I had to be the bitch, the bad guy, and say "No." The room runner got mad because I didn't do what he said, and he walked off.

I followed him and said "You know, I am really NOT trying to be insubordinate and undermine you. I am willing to work with you, but what you asked to do is simply not possible. I CANNOT and WILL NOT teach DipShit the next level, go through that entire phase of training, JUST to run ONE order for you. You already know I am under strict advisement from the boss not to proceed with DipShit until I am CERTAIN that he is ready, and he is NOT."

He got defensive and said "I didn't ask you to teach it to him just for that order. I want you to teach him to do it for now and forever. I don't see why he can't learn the next level."

I knew that was a lie. He was just angry that I didn't listen to him.

Then on break last night, he said "Blas, I'm really starting to not like your attitude."

So I challenged him. "I'm sorry I'm not like I used to be when I first became a trainer. I am sorry that I don't hop and skip and correct every single little "observance" you guys make about me or my trainees. I've come to the realization that you guys KNEW I'd hop to and you got off on it. Now hear this buddy. I AM THE TRAINER. Get that? These are my trainees, I work with them every night. You don't. I know where they are at. You don't. I make the decisions as to when we move on. If you have a problem with my training and how I do things, you can have my job or find a new trainer. Get that? You don't like it, get someone else."

Now he won't even speak to me. Oh well. His own loss. It's probably killing him inside that I stood up for myself and my trainees and that I will not be pushed around by him or anyone else anymore. As a trainer, it is up to ME to know where each trainee is at, and usually the trainee lets me know when they are comfortable, and then we proceed. With DipShit, I don't foresee him going anywhere, period, but if by some miracle he bucks up, we are going to take that VERY slow and easy. It will not be some rushed training process.

Doesn't it just suck when you can't bully someone around anymore? Poor guy. His ego is probably mutilated.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas87 View Post
    Then on break last night, he said "Blas, I'm really starting to not like your attitude."
    "Of all the things I could care about.. life, death, flowers, love, the eyes of another... your beef with my attitude is so far down the list it's practically in Australia!"

Congrats on putting that fool in is place. Won't talk to you anymore? Sounds like an added bonus to me.

**apologies in advance to any Aussies on CS who don't want to get stuck with this idiot's beef**
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
      "Of all the things I could care about.. life, death, flowers, love, the eyes of another... your beef with my attitude is so far down the list it's practically in Australia!"

[snip]

**apologies in advance to any Aussies on CS who don't want to get stuck with this idiot's beef**
      Replace Australia with Antarctica, and the only thing you might offend are the penguins! Plus, it's the farthest south you can go.
      Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
      Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
      The Office

Comment

I get the feeling he's not liking your attitude because you're actually being assertive and standing up for yourself.
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
          I get the feeling he's not liking your attitude because you're actually being assertive and standing up for yourself.
          I work with someone like that. She's a supervisor wannabe who enjoys trying to boss others round, but backs right off when she is put in her place. I've had to put her in her place a couple times. Wish I could be lucky like you, & have her not speak to me anymore.
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Working...
          X