This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of love star-cross'd

Some of you may recall Meeko, the poor little sled dog who got rear ended by an SC a few days ago. Well, she has recovered and is in great form!
    I was waiting with the dogs on the line today. This is a staging area where the dogs wait after they have left the kennels but before they are hitched to a sled. Meeko and her running buddy Ringo were clipped to the anchor chain next to each other, and some of us staff noticed that Meeko was being pretty playful, which is nice since she is usually such a shy girl. Ringo was playing back too, which was cool since he is old and kinda grouchy sometimes.
    At least, it was all good until we noticed that they were actually flirting and Ringo was trying to mount Meeko. In front of our clients and their 10 year old kids.
    Since we did not want to lose 20 minutes waiting for the dogs to finish* and wanted even less to explain doggy 'romance' to the ten year olds, I was put on chaperone duty until they launched. Poor Meeko and Ringo. They looked so very disappointed. The odd thing is Meeko is neutered for sure, and Ringo may be so I am surprised they were even interested in each other.

*Dogs, like wolves, can't be seperated when they are mating without injuring them. It's called a copulatory tie.

For Ringo's sake, I'm glad you monitored the situation. We thought it would be OK to keep a neutered male near a female, thinking that he couldn't really do anything, right?

Wrong. Poor Murray

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=20301
    Last edited by ShinyGreenApple; 01-04-2008, 03:30 AM.
    The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth Emmeileia View Post

*Dogs, like wolves, can't be seperated when they are mating without injuring them. It's called a copulatory tie.
      Yeah, that knot can be a bitch if you weren't planning to breed those specific individuals at the time. Grandma is a breeder.

Comment

Working...
      X