This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They did what in the store?!?!

Here are some things that happened while I worked at Media Play that I just had to go .

We sold Playboy magazines in our book dept. We also had a semi-nice reading area. One day one of my managers was heading to receiving in the back and had to walk through the reading area to reach receiving. She walked up on this gentleman humping the floor with a Playboy spread out in front of him. He noticed, quickly got up and ran out of the store. (luckily he hadn't finished)

One of my coworkers was walking back to receiving and saw a man walking out of receiving. Just as the two passed the gentleman said, "Thanks for letting me use the bathroom." Our bathrooms are at the front of the store and the only thing resembling a bathroom in receiving is the janitors closet.

We had a couple come in one day (at like 11am) that were either into BDSM or loved costuming (and it wasn't Halloween). The woman was dressed in stereotypical dominatrix style attire (being fully covered, but still) and was leading a man by a choke chain, (he too was dressed in what I would say is stereotypical BDSM attire). They acted as if nothing was wrong and like a typical customer of ours. they shopped, bought a couple of CDs and quietly left the store. Props for them on not giving a damn what others think.

During Christmas one year we had 3 people per department and it was unseasonably warm that day. This mother walks in with what we thought were her son and daughter. The son was about 10 and the daughter could not have been over 15. As the mother and son are asking about video games, the daughter (who was well endowed) starts doing everything imaginable to flaunt her chest at my coworkers. In fact she draws the guys from our vid department. I notice that all the guys are pretty much drooling over the girl and the mother and son seem completely oblivious to the goings on. I try and keep a straight face while helping the mother and son, but afterwards, can't help but laugh for 5 min straight on how my coworkers, and the mother and son acted.

I walked in on gay sex in the breakroom as I was going on break. I immediately left, never said a word, and never ate nor put any kind of food on the breakroom table again.

One of our female cashiers changed clothes at the main register after we closed (which sits in front of our store front window and has a security camera pointed at it).

Had a woman that had gotten into our display boxes room which also housed all the video equipment to the store and complained when she said her dvd that she was trying to play wasn't working in our dvd player. She had thought that the dvd player was for viewing dvds before you buy them.

Had girls nearly breakout into a fist fight over a cardboard cd display of NSYNC when their final album came out. It was fun when we destroyed said display in front of them (Why destroy it? It was designed to hold cds and couldn't)

I have seen one of my coworkers put her little kia on one wheel before in the parking lot.

Had a running gag with one of my coworkers. He is black, me white, and every time we passed one another, he would shout "White Power" and do a salute, while I would yell "Black Power" and returning the salute. (no one ever complained)

That's all for now. If I remember any more I'll post them up.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Your store is fucked up.

But hilarious.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

There was a rumor going around at the other store I worked at that one of the backroom guys was taking lady friends into the locked electronics stockroom and...use your imagination.

Only thing is, there's a camera in there. So they either found a blind spot or gave LP a hell of a show.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Wish I could've been there to see that stuff, it sounds like fun!

Comment

Quoth Acolyte
          Your store is fucked up.
          I most definitely agree.
          "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

How the heck do you put a Kia on ONE wheel??

Or maybe I don't wanna know...in any case I'm staying away from driving in your area!

Comment

That place sounds like a combination of at least 3 of my jobs. All rolled into one.

Can I work there?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth looney_librarian View Post
                Here are some things that happened while I worked at Media Play that I just had to go .

One of my coworkers was walking back to receiving and saw a man walking out of receiving. Just as the two passed the gentleman said, "Thanks for letting me use the bathroom." Our bathrooms are at the front of the store and the only thing resembling a bathroom in receiving is the janitors closet.

So what did he do.. Take a Crap in the Mop Bucket?

On a side note.

The one and only reason I'll never by a Kia

KIA = Kill In Action.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Even if your job there sucked at least you would have had a lot of fun with all the antics going on.
                  Am I sad because I am looking forward to the day when the people I will be dealing with will no longer be able to talk back?

Comment

i worked at MP for 2 1/2 years, and this post brought back memories. Best story I have from that place doesn't involve customers. MP has those display TVs hanging from the ceiling sitting on a swivle mount made out of metal. My manager asked me to clean them, it hadn't been done in a while. You know how you can feel static on tvs? I could feel it from 5 inches out. I wiped down one of the tvs and had bumped it so I went to adjust it by adjusting the metal mount. I got zapped by static, HARD. Visible spark, half numb finger, the works. Right after it happened, every tv in the store went dead. 15 mins later I found out what happened. Apparently I reset the master DVD player in the back room!
                    I spent a year trying to duplicate that.
                    Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

We had one of those grab stuffed animals games. Saw a parent standing on one of the chairs used for those waiting for other, holding one of their children upside down trying to get a stuffed toy. Why? Because they lost a FIFTY CENTS playing the game.

Had one customer go crazy on our x-box display because we had a wireless controller hooked up and stood behind him messing up his game. He damn near broke the tv by punching it. We messed with customers like that as much as possible. It was the only way to keep our sanity there.
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

Working...
                      X