This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing like a visit from LP!

OK! We have SC: Sucky Customers and now we have SW: Sucky Workers. Or STUPID Workers, either is appropriate.
    This in no way should be seen as promoting stealing. It's just for laughing at the stupidity of idiots.
    When trying to steal from you employer Do Not Do the following:
    Ask a member of your Managment staff if it's OK to steal from another store.
    Don't ask if "trading" is OK. (I steal from my store for you and you steal from your store for me)
    Steal from another store and then offer a piece of your loot to a member of managment.
    Steal from your own store and offer a piece of your loot to a member of managment.
    One word: CAMERAS
    Never wear stuff you stole from work to work.
    No, Discards are not "freebies"
    No, Damaged goods are not "up for grabs"
    When you hear LP is comming "Shit! Who rated me out?" is not a good response.
    Do not report an employee for changing their time card if you are stealing from the registers, thinking LP will let it slide since you reported that other guy.
    Do not try to bribe the LP guy/girl
    Don't tell your friends they can take stuff, if they get caught they might rat you out
    Don't tell your coworkers your stealing, especialy if there is a $$$ reward for reporting theft
    No, you can't turn yourself in for the $$$ reward
    Last edited by Lady Heather; 01-10-2008, 08:44 AM.
    Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
    The following is subject to change:
    If Your Going Through Hell,
    Keep Going...

Well here I was, chuckling away at this list, and then I got to the very last line:

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
    No, you can't turn yourself in for the $$$ reward
    and...

Man, how on Earth do you figure that one out?

So, Lady Heather's SW/Co-worker, I guess this means you think that next time you get a speeding ticket, you simply confess, then the cops pay you?

Comment

Okay, I've seen the acronym for a while, but still can't figure out what it means. LP? Local Patrol, maybe?
      The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
        Okay, I've seen the acronym for a while, but still can't figure out what it means. LP? Local Patrol, maybe?
        It stands for "Loss Prevention"
        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Ah. Thanks.
          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I shudder to think of what kind of dry-pool diving team members Lady Heather's store hires if they are doing everything on that list.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Not every example of idiocy is from my store. The Loss Prevention Investigator had some excelent stories, (the turning yourself in one is true). After LP left (along with a co-worker) we started coming up with a list, feel free to add your own....

When Trying To Steal Do Not...
              Damage Out $1,000 worth of product every shift
              Don't put the night deposit in your purse infront of the bank security camera
              No you can't "borrow" the Disco Ball and Strobe Lights for you party
              No one's going to belive you're taking home product for a "quality control survey"
              Don't ask a co-worker to break the $100 you just stole
              Once more: CAMERAS STUPID!
              Last edited by Lady Heather; 01-10-2008, 08:48 AM.
              Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
              The following is subject to change:
              If Your Going Through Hell,
              Keep Going...

Comment

No, Discards are not "freebies"
                What does a store do with discards?
                "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
                  We do one of three things with ours:

1. Send them the DC as salvage (which I guess gets destroyed there).
                  2. Send them to the return center (whatever that is)
                  3. Destroy the item at store.

When you have a defective item, the sku or upc of the item is typed into the computer which tells us which of the three things to do with it.

Comment

Quoth Lady Heather View Post
                    No one's going to belive you're taking home product for a "quality control survey"
                    Maybe if you offered to let people watch...
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Where I used to work, they were labeled as DIF Which was Destroy In Field. This consisted of a hammer, a flat surface, and an overenthusiastic worker.

Often times, I needed the hammer simply to keep staff from taking said items home. Like hell I was going to lose my job so they could get a freebie.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Do NOT Leave a list of store items entitled "Steal these" in the breakroom.
                        ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                          Maybe if you offered to let people watch...
                          That'd work well with nighties, teddies and other lacy undergarments.

Comment

Send them to the trash compactor...

Which burns me incredibly---we recently junked some older games systems, nothing wrong with them, still new in the boxes..we were ordered to destroy them and put them in the compactor.

If they're just getting checked out of the system why not give them to someone or an org that could use them? My suggestion that since they were considered "lost merch" by corporate that we donate them to the local after-school program or children's shelter (I'm sure they would be appreciated) was met with eye rolls. I think it's so wasteful to throw away something like that. Then again maybe I'm just still too idealistic.

Comment

Yeah, that's such a waste to destroy functional returned products, especially when a great deal of "defective" returns were because the buyer couldn't be bothered to learn how to use it.

Not to mention discarded electronics is one of the biggest causes of pollution, all the metals and whatnot leaking into the soil......
                              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
                              X