Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not everything gets tossed. Most companys do something to "give back to the comunity". (It's good for the Corprate image) Corperate just did a "send the troops some loot" type of thing. They sent over a ton of stuff, literaly over a ton.
    If it's suposed to be discarded it's usually because it's ugly and no one wants it. If it's damaged sometimes we can buy it with our employee discount, plus a damage discount. So why would someone steal it?
    It's basic Math.
    $200 paycheck > $6.00 keychain (> means greater than)

Another fine example of "stealing":
    Company policy says if you find Money on the floor you must turn it in. You can't keep it. Period. A girl was caught on camera picking a Quarter off the floor, putting it in the Gumball Machine, and then she ate the Gumball. She was fired.
    It doesn't matter if it's a stupid rule (it is stupid). You were told verbaly, it's in the handbook. You just got fired over a quarter.
    Last edited by Lady Heather; 01-11-2008, 06:37 AM.
    Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.
    The following is subject to change:
    If Your Going Through Hell,
    Keep Going...

Comment

Quoth Ad_Astra View Post
      Send them to the trash compactor...

Which burns me incredibly---we recently junked some older games systems, nothing wrong with them, still new in the boxes..we were ordered to destroy them and put them in the compactor.

If they're just getting checked out of the system why not give them to someone or an org that could use them? My suggestion that since they were considered "lost merch" by corporate that we donate them to the local after-school program or children's shelter (I'm sure they would be appreciated) was met with eye rolls. I think it's so wasteful to throw away something like that. Then again maybe I'm just still too idealistic.
      Maybe suggest to someone who cares about the bigger picture that they donate them to Child's Play, a charity that specifically deals with video games. Good press, and a probable tax write-off. Write to corp with the suggestion, you might get it into the right hands.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        Where I used to work, they were labeled as DIF Which was Destroy In Field. This consisted of a hammer, a flat surface, and an overenthusiastic worker.
        I would love nothing more than to be that overenthusiastic employee. Where can I apply?

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        That'd work well with nighties, teddies and other lacy undergarments.
        That goes without saying.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          I would love nothing more than to be that overenthusiastic employee. Where can I apply?
          Sadly, it was only one of my duties, and not the position in full.

And I was forced out of the company.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            Having enjoyed a similar perk in my last job (i.e. the best stress relief going) normally out back next to a bin.

Quick question to you all, did you know that if you slice through rolled up posters with a stanly knife for 20 minutes solid the blade becomes so hot it can burn skin?

[/todays lesson]
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
              Quick question to you all, did you know that if you slice through rolled up posters with a stanly knife for 20 minutes solid the blade becomes so hot it can burn skin?
              2 mins with a swiss army knife on a cardboard display has the same effect.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Here's my funny display story:

For one of the editions of the Madden NFL game for playstation/xbox/gamecube/whatever other game console, we had a cardboard cut-out of Michael Vick set up in the electronics department.

Somehow the leg on the cutout got cut off around the ankle. Not long after that, Vick suffered a leg injury of his own.

Wish we still had that thing. I could've donated it to the local animal shelter for the dogs to do what they wish with it.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  We do one of three things with ours:

1. Send them the DC as salvage (which I guess gets destroyed there).
                  2. Send them to the return center (whatever that is)
                  3. Destroy the item at store.

When you have a defective item, the sku or upc of the item is typed into the computer which tells us which of the three things to do with it.
                  1) They're often destroyed there, but more often, they're bulk returned to the maker for credit
                  2) Same thing as the DC here, although they may also process things that are mostly useful (missing an unimportant piece for example) and send them out to a lesser chain such as Big Lots or wholesale them
                  Seph
                  Taur10
                  "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Sadly, it was only one of my duties, and not the position in full.
                    Bummer. Another hope crushed.

And I was forced out of the company.
                    That sucks. :hugs:
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X