This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without realizing there's company...

I meant to put in the title that there was a bit of a rude joke included, but hit enter before I could. So...there's a rude joke involved. If you're on the sensitive side, skip this.

S
    A
    F
    E
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I'm minding my own business, shuffling through the faxes today, when I found one for a new feed store called "Donner's."

Without even a THOUGHT, I blurted out "Donner, party of seven!" to amuse the editors with. (Yes, our sense of humor is very dark up here. Also, if you don't get the joke, look here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party )

Then I realized the mayor was being interviewed about fifteen feet away. *headdesk*

Fortunately, she thought it was pretty funny, too. *dodges bullet*

So, who else has done something to embarrass themselves in front of customers/higher-ups when they were just trying to amuse their coworkers, or were just in general behaving without realizing there was someone "out of the loop" around?
    Last edited by MystyGlyttyr; 01-11-2008, 07:01 PM. Reason: forgot title
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

does it mean I still haven't come down from the sugar plum high that I didn't get it the way it was intended.

Donner party of seven 1. Donner 2. Dasher 3. Prancer 3. Comet 4. Dancer 5. Cupid 6 Vixen 7 Blitzen

Comment

As a product of the California school system, the Donner Party was a BIG part of the history section. Always the first thing that comes to mind. Also, if you take Interstate 80 through the Sierras, you go over Donner Summit and can stop at Donner Lake. If I hear Donner, the first thing I think is unpleasant munchies.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr
        "Donner, party of seven!"
        Ooh, ooh can I join. I could bring the Barbeque Sauce for a lip smacking good time.

I'm so sorry.
        "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

its even more disturbing if you've ever eaten a Doner Kebab
          Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Nothing to add regarding the Donners, but there was a time at the hotel, when I thought I was alone and let out a huge belch only to discover a guest had been coming down the hallway about that time. The burp was loud enough to echo, which meant they got quite an earful right as they stepped into the lobby.
            Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

During the "volume"--aka the dead point between lunch and dinner--I was having a mock fight with a server; he was spinning a tray and I was trying to flip it out of his hands with a dishtowel.

. . . yeah, and then some customers tried to get through the foyer I was blocking a few seconds later. *headdesk* Not the most professional thing I've ever done, no.

Comment

Heh - reminds me of the Belch that Time Forgot. It wasn't the Belch that will Herald Armageddon, but it was certainly in the top ten.

The Boss and I were packing up. One of the first bits he did every night was to bring in the flowers and put them on top of the display freezer. I was dealing with the meat, which meant walking in and out of the walk-in fridge. Just as I was coming out, the need arose and I opened my diaphragm rather adriotly, what with a lifetime of practice.

The looser of the tiles on the walls rattled slightly. It was ... magnificent, mais c'est ne pas le guerre. I was satisfied.

I assume the chap who was inside looking at the flowers at the time, whom I hadn't seen until that moment, was also satisfied. He didn't say anything to say he wasn't.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth the lawsmeister View Post
                  its even more disturbing if you've ever eaten a Doner Kebab
                  YUM! I've never called them by that name, but after i clickied the link... yeah i've had those before. tasty, though somewhat salty.

Comment

Quoth Trayol View Post
                    I'm so sorry.
                    No need to be. I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself.

Anyone want County Stadium/Miller Park's Secret Stadium Sauce?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In all honesty I wouldn't eat human meat. We're almost toxic! All that plastic and shit we eat everyday. I think it's the reason we aren't hunted by non-starving animals.

Comment

One of the state office buildings here (because of someone's twisted sense of humor) came within days of naming their new cafeteria "The Alferd Packer Cafe".

Look him up.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                          One of the state office buildings here (because of someone's twisted sense of humor) came within days of naming their new cafeteria "The Alferd Packer Cafe".
                          And anyone truly interested in his story should see Cannibal: The Musical. It is based on Packer's story.

Sorta.

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I live in Utah and the first thing that came to my mind when you mentione Donner's was also the Donner party.

As for saying something out loud when you didn't think there was anyone there to hear it. When I was working at Wal-Mart I was in the infant department and had to get some diapers from the back to fill the diapers. I was having a hard time grabbing the box so I annouced "That's it I quit I am not dealing with this anymore!!!" I looked up just in time to see the store manager and district manager standing right in front of me. There reply was "Do we get a written notice?" I was so embarressed that I has annouced it like I did thinking no one was around.

Comment

Working...
                            X