This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scanners are like... treasure boxes.

I have not even worked in this computer lab for long, but we find some interesting things in our scanner. See, one of the two computers with a scanner is not in immediate view, so people scan... personal items. These are just some of the things left behind.

- A dollar Bill
    - A family photo
    - A Bill
    - An account summary
    - A notice for jury duty
    - A court summons (a nice match for the above)
    - A driver's license
    - A social security card
    - A very LARGE picture of a penis
    - A cell phone (Who would put that in a scanner?)
    - A credit card
    - A sock

I seriously wonder what is wrong with people sometimes -_-
    ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

You know, that whole list made sense to me, except the sock.

And maybe the cellphone. But the sock wins.
    What if Humans are just Dire Halflings?

Comment

Sadly I can understand and figure out a reason for every single item. Except the sock.

Unless the person wanted to make an outline of the sock for a holiday stocking. *grasping for straws*
      Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Well...you said there was a penis...and a sock. Thanks, I'll be here all night. (No, not rly)
        You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Well at least you made a dollar. Has for the notices some people might want to have a copy for their records.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

At least you didn't find http://www.xopl.com/blog/embedded/catscan.jpg
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

I can top that. At a Flying J, I needed to fax paperwork to a customs broker, so I went to one of the self-serve (and SLOW) copier/scanner/fax machines. When I opened the scanner, I found a customs invoice complete with PARS sticker - in other words, the sheet you need to hand in at customs when crossing from the U.S. into Canada.

Needless to say, I turned it in at the fuel desk, after jotting down the PARS number and making note of the trucking company name and customs broker. A quick check of the parking lot (fortunately it was a small one) didn't turn up any trucks from that company, and I called the broker (they're one my company deals with a lot, so I had the number) to give them a "heads up" that they were handling a shipment (gave them the PARS number to identify it) that would run into problems at the border because the driver didn't have the required paperwork.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Maybe someone wanted a copy of the sock to make "Missing" posters.

Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I can explain scanning some odd items...such as the sock. My old graphic design professor would scan the weirdest things (old jeans/other fabrics, leaves, flowers, crumbled up paper, feather dusters, etc) and use them as textures in some of her projects. You'd be amazed what you could do with the texture of a scanned sock.

Comment

A very LARGE picture of a penis
                    at least it wasn't an in-the-flesh one. ?

Comment

Yeah, I can see the point of scanning most of this stuff... but to leave your social security card behind? And your driver's license? That is just poor item location management.

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      Quoth Meadhands View Post
                      - A very LARGE picture of a penis
                      at least it wasn't an in-the-flesh one. ?
                      (The thought of that upsets me)
                      ~ It is a beautiful day to be dizzy!

Comment

Quoth Meadhands View Post
                        - A credit card
                        prolly stolen. and left behind so they don't have it in their posession.

Comment

Working...
                        X