This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Slid Debit Card Too Soon

Yesterday, I was ringing up a customer and when the transaction finished I handed the cash back required to the customer I currently had and it turned out that she didn't request money back. She even mentioned that she hadn't paid yet and it turned out that the customer after her slid his debit card too soon and he was the one who wanted the cash back.

I got one of the service desk employees to help me since I've never had this happen. She took care of the problem and each customer paid the proper amount for their groceries.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Geez, and I thought I was always in a hurry when I went to the store. That person totally takes the cake!

But seriously, when I go to the store I'm usually not even close to the debit machine when the customer in front of me is being rung up so it's actually kind of hard for me to slide my card too early. What irritates me more than anything, though, are the people who proceed to balance their checkbooks or doddle in front of the machine when I'm trying to use it. Seriously, is it that hard to move aside and do that stuff?
    Suddenly, Vermont became the epicenter of the dystopia.

Comment

Damn. I always thought it was stupid to run the card, right when you get to the register.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yeah, I always wait until after the first item has been scanned.
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

I used to tell customers not to scan their card too early or it would time out. Eventually I would just say "$XX.XX, please" and if they said "I already swiped" I would give a and say "Timed out sorry!"
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I never use a debit card...either cash or a credit card, and I never scan till I have a total. I'm sorry if it takes a few extra seconds that way, but I do move before I try to put everything away.
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
            X