This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling like I'm getting the short end of the stick here

As I've probably mentioned, I was moved into a new position last week. Things were going well, and it seemed as if everything was on track to hire a new receptionist, as well as get me settled into other aspects of my new position.

I found out today that 1) I'd been charging the wrong accounts, so our department was actually over their budget 2) due to my mischarging, there has been a hiring freeze.

What does this mean? It means that until April, I will be stuck back at the receptionist desk, doing the job I'd just left. I didn't say anything at a meeting today, however my manager and my supervisor kept reassuring me that it was just temporary.

I really feel like I've gotten the short end of the stick here, mostly because I was told to charge the billings to the accounts in question. Not to mention that I find it suspicious that there's a hiring freeze, yet there are still several admin positions available on the company's website. One of them is set to go live tomorrow.

So I'm once more expected to do the job of two people. I told SO that they'll be sending me to the looney bin before April gets here, if I don't go ballistic on people before then.

My resume has been brushed up, and if things don't change when April gets here, I'm going to be sending it out. I don't need this BS. I was promised this job last year and I didn't get it. Now that I have it, they want to take it away from me.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Sounds like you need to hit the resume trail and the HR office. Don't bitch until you have an offer, and then tell the truth.

Comment

REALLY but holy biscuit. Deja vu.

I've seen this before.

Back on topic: Don't wait to send your resume out. The sooner the better, I think.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I agree with Becky. Don't wait.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect