This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Minutes Of Fame

Right now I'm currently in training at my job (customer service for health insurance company), it's a temp-to-hire gig and I'm doing what I can to become permanently hired there. I take the bus along with a couple of other co-workers as well. What happened was the number 7 bus that we was supposed to come at 7:41 am never showed up, so we all ended up taking the next bus (which came 20-30 minutes later) which made us 20 minutes late for work and it was our first time being late. While we were on our way up, this girl from our training group tells us "You might as well stop walking and go back home,because I came in 5 minutes late and they're sending me home". My girls and I were suspicious and all went up to our trainer F________ to let him know why the three of us were late. He said not to worry and let us in. Later in the day, me and the girls found out from other co-workers in our group that the same girl that approached us and told us to go back home, was fired. The previous day, she was sleeping at her desk and lounging around while our trainer was giving a lecture, the crazy part was she didn't even realize that F_______ was sitting by her desk for 5 minutes, and it wasn't the first time she was caught either.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

I'm glad to hear you've bounced back from the retail job. Hope this one works out.

As another veteran of public transit, it sounds you like should just plan on catching an earlier bus, even if it means you get to work extra early. If I'm in early, I just look on it as "me" time. I have some tea, read a little, relax, chat. My day starts more smoothly and runs more smoothly all day.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'll second what wagegoth said my shift starts a 7am-there's a bus that gets me there at 6:55 or one that gets me there at 6:20-I take the 6:20-it's usually late-but I'm not, and if I miss it I can still fall back on the 6:55 and spend my entire day feeling rushed.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I've been taking the early routes, but I have no idea why the bus came late since there was no traffic and when I called the hotline, the reps never said anything about the bus breaking down.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
        X