Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that I'd would even recognize any of the people I see in movies and TV when they are out in street clothes. I get so used to seeing people in certain surroundings that I don't even recognize my co-workers outside of the work environment. So celebs don't even have a chance.
    Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Georges Laraque came into the dealership that I work at to get some stuff done to his truck. I didn't talk to him directly, because I probably would have ended up sounding like a retarded fan-boy. I did take a look at him through the window, and he is a big fella-he was taller than the truck he brought in.

In the winter of 1990, Dad was at a hotel in Winnipeg for a conference, when he saw Wayne Gretzky eating lunch/supper a few tables over. Dad, not wanting to bother him, didn't ask him for an autograph or anything. Everyone else in the family yelled at him(Mom included)to get an autograph next time. Now I see why Dad did that.

-Spiffy, introspective and philosophical
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

This thread has made me have a "If I knew then what I know now" moment. When I was about 7 I got to meet James Coburn, Charlton Heston, and Richard Thomas. ALL AT ONCE! Of course I was 7 and had no idea who they were, but now ohh if only I could go back in time.

The way it happened is, there was a rather large and dramatic plane crash in my hometown. I was born in Sioux City, Iowa, you can easily find stories on google if interested in the details. Well a couple years after the crash, they made a TV movie about it, and they actually filmed on location with the same people who were first responders. My mom worked in the hospitals at the time of the crash, we were actually at the airport picking up my father the day of the crash, and throughout the filming process. She was elected to be the on set nurse with these guys. So she took me and my brother to meet them. We were far too young at the time to realize who they were though.

When I was in Girl Scouts, our troop did alot of work with the special olympics, and we hosted 5 teams from Finland while they were here competing. For that we got to meet Nadia Cominichi.

My final celebrity story was when I was in London. I was on an escalator coming up out of the tubes, and I looked over at the down escalator and saw Mel Gibson. He just gave me the SHHH sign. But it was still cool.

I get stopped on the streets of Boston at least once a week with people thinking I am Laura Prepon without makeup.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

I've got . . . nothing . . . I've met, wow, I forgot his name now . . . uhh, Jason Schmidt of the SF Giants. He was ordering pizza, of course, I'm not a big sports fan and didn't really care either way. Although the manager was a sports fan and knew exactly who Jason Schmidt was, but unfortunately - the manager wasn't there that night (I was). So I got to rub it in his face
          This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

While I haven't had the opportunity to meet a lot of celebrity types, I have met a few players from the Milwaukee Brewers over the years, and Jason Newsted when he was in MetallicA.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

LOL..I know isn't it stupid?? When I went to see the ten tenors with my mates we stayed after the show so that we could meet them as they come out to talk to the audience....we all got shaky and week at the knees and couldn't get the guts up to go and talk to the..NOT ONE...I still don't know why we got like that...what’s so great about them? They can sing, very well, like LOTS of people out there...yet because they are "famous" we simply want to feint at the sight of them..Needless to say it would be hard for me to control myself if I ever saw Johnny dep..*Drools* *shudders* OMG he's HOT
              I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

When I worked at Target, The Black Eyed Peas came in and bought cd's from our music counter. I missed it though, and i'm a big B.E.P fan so I was so upset! They were leaving just as someone decided to tell me they were even there
                I ride the time, it unfolds a new day,
                another time, this world would fade away
                To find true love, is like no other joy,
                our choice is here
                be happy for today

Comment

I met Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, and Dizzy from Guns N' Roses. The rest of the story from that night is too long to tell. Basically, only certain girls were being taken back to meet Axl and whoever else was in the "other" room. By no means am I a bad looking chic, but I was not dressed like, well, a slut. All the girls that were being taken back to the "other" room, were dressed provacatively and I only had jeans and a tank top on...woah. I was also only 17 at the time. What does that have to do with it? When I asked the man who was standing there picking girls to go back, I asked if I could go to. He asked me, "Are you 21?" I said, "no". He said, "then no, you can't" I said all I want to do is shake someone's hand...he stuck his hand out. I was crushed, absolutely crushed! I worshipped Axl Rose from when I was 13 til that night. Had to be 21???!?!?! WTF??!?!?! I didn't have to be 21 to buy the damn Appetite for Destruction tape - which I bought 4 times because I wore it out so much! Really!

I was crushed.

I have a hockey story to tell...I didn't meet anyone, but I got really close. During the last period, I snuck down to three rows behind the Dallas Stars bench. These rows were usually reserved for family and the filthy rich...not real hockey fans by any means. This was during the days when I was still drinking heavily and there were all these prim and proper (not something used to describe a TRUE hockey fan) sitting around and one TRUE hockey fan (me) who was just losing her mind because the Stars were winning and I was SO FREAKIN' CLOSE! AND IT WAS JUST SO AWESOME AND EXHILERATING!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

my one and only star encounter involves a plane ride from sacramento to san francisco (i was changing planes there) and kenny loggins.

someone mentioned he was on board, or they thought they saw him in the lounge, i was all 'ok, yah, whatever.'

he ended up sitting next to me, and asked if i minded switching my aisle seat for his window, so he could be closer to his kids.

we switched and that was that; he seems like an ok kind of guy.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                      Georges Laraque came into the dealership that I work at to get some stuff done to his truck. I didn't talk to him directly, because I probably would have ended up sounding like a retarded fan-boy. I did take a look at him through the window, and he is a big fella-he was taller than the truck he brought in.
                      Yeah, I've met George face-to-face. not the friendliest face in the NHL, but not a bad guy. Had a nice discussion with him about using money orders to pay bills. (classified as cheques, so not generally accepted) the manager okayed it so I processed it. After that, I had about 3 staff members freak out on me because I helped him out. I simply said "so? he's a person." I didn't have the heart to tell thos people an old friend of mine plays for the NY Rangers.
                      I AM the evil bastard!
                      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                      X