Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our city is going bankrupt. I am hoping they decide to get rid of the police force and go with using the state police. They dont take crap from what I hear.

Comment

Quoth VenomX View Post
      We are getting new security cameras in that will be saved on a hard drive then saved onto a DVD when needed. No more getting robbed and the police telling us they couldnt find the video of the robbery on the tape.
      Nope, then you get the issue of handing the DVD over to the cop who says that he can't read the file because Windows complains about an unknown codec. Yes, this is the voice of experience. Until you guys (or your IT folks) figure out how to put that on the DVD too, you'll get to enjoy the same thing.

Comment

Wonderful....

Comment

VenomX,

Is there an official complaints procedure that you can go through about this Officer, he sounds as though he needs a royal kick up the arse, don't be fobbed off. Is there an independant body that oversees the police (we hav the Police Authority for each constabulary and the Independant Police Complaints Commission), it'll be worth digging.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Nope nothing like that here. City is way too small.

Comment

You should hire a security guard.

By which I mean go to a costume shop and buy the jaunty cap and a nametag that says "Security". Then when you need to throw a SC out, you can just notify your Security department to take care of it!
              "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

ohhh but I was told by the police we are NOT private property!

I told a couple to leave and not come back and he said I couldnt bar him from our store. I said you wanna bet? He stepped towards me so I stepped towards him and his wife/girlfriend jumped inbetween us and shoved me. I told her thats assult and I could have her arrested. The man called 9/11 and when they came I was told I couldnt bar them because it wasnt private property. The officer told me I could only bar people I caught shoplifting. He refused to do anything to the woman that shoved me...
                The cop was wrong. Just because the general public has access to a location doesn't mean it's public property. Whether you can bar someone or not depends on coporate policy.
                Last edited by alphaboi; 01-25-2008, 12:46 AM.
                Mon aƩroglisseur est plein des anguilles!"

Comment

Coporate doesnt have much say in things like that. We are a franchise...

Comment

My advice? Call the Chief of Police. Heck, don't just call him. Drive down and see him. Talk to him, face to face, about how his officers are treating you. Take a written list of the run-ins you've had with his officers. Any Chief worth his badge will ensure that such behavior stops.

And if he fobs you off? Go to the papers. The media is your best friend when it comes to exposing lazy, or possibly corrupt, law-enforcement. Kinda hard to ignore an officer, or a division, that simply fobs off every complaint as "a civil matter" and refuses to arrest lawbreakers.
                    Dealer hits... 21. Table loses.

This happens more often than most people want to believe.

Comment

Working...
                    X