This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More adventures in clearance

For Christmas last year, corporate decided that a certain black wood and glass TV stand would be an awesome buy. So they sent us about 50 of them because they were a Black Friday doorbuster item. We sold a grand total of two of them from Black Friday to now (probably because the TV stand is, how do I put it nicely, a piece of shit. The black laminate is peeling off the display)

We also got in a metric fuckton of jewelry armoires, which didn't sell too well either.

After the holidays, the TV stand and the jewelry armoire went on clearance.

Until we start setting patio furniture, we have a spot in the back of the store for all the clearance furniture, so we have the display for the TV stand out there, as well as the jewelry armoire (however for the jewelry armoire we have all the boxed ones on the floor because we need to clear out space in the backroom for all the new furniture that's coming in.)

Guess what? Corporate has decided to reset both items to regular price! Which means they have to sit in the backroom for all eternity because I don't see us selling them anytime soon and they're not clearance so they can't be in the clearance section anymore. I highly doubt both items will have a space in the new furniture planogram so we'll either have to throw them in the middle of the aisle or screw around with the furniture planograms to make everything fit.

Please tell me, WTF is the point of putting an item on clearance if you're just going to take it off clearance later and put it back to regular price? I thought you put stuff on clearance to get rid of it!
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh
    Please tell me, WTF is the point of putting an item on clearance if you're just going to take it off clearance later and put it back to regular price? I thought you put stuff on clearance to get rid of it!
    I'm going to assume that you thought that your store had some form of common sense. I regret to inform you that you were mistaken.
    "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

They're just busting your chops. Don't worry...after they've been sitting around for another five years at reg. price, they'll be put on clearance again...for maybe two hours.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The only reason I can think off is it doesn't matter what price they're at sales are equally crap. So they might as well make as much per sale as possible.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

One of the new planograms we got told us to put a brand new item om clearance. We put it on clearance at the correct price. AN hour later they send an e-mail to tell us to take it off clearance. Another corp. manager sanded another e-mail to disregard the first e-mail and put it back on clearance. This went on for two days. By the time the decided what to do, we had sold out. The sent us more, rinse and repeat the clearance game, Three times.

Comment

Working...
          X