This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate TXU

so... i'm still on hold. i called 40 minutes ago to try and cancel my account.

little background... TXU is a texas based electric/gas company

the problem is this, i was stupid and first decided to transfer service from one address to another. So i called them this morning... When i did that, they said they had to cancel the first address and setup the new address under a new account. All for the cost of 18$ and it wouldn't be done until next week. They did that, and gave me the account number. (why they had to do it that way, i dunno)

So i speak to a couple coworkers, so i decide to change my mind and get a different company because it's cheaper. So i go ahead and set up with them. So i call TXU back and get put on hold. "it will be just a couple minutes" (lo and behold, it's been 50 minutes now)

However, while on hold, i picked up a different phone, and called. and here's what they said

Me: hi, i called in earlier today and wanted to cancel that account

TXU takes my info and then says: o, that account is scheduled to be setup on tuesday the 29th and we can't cancel it.

so i ask again and she says it can't be canceled, but she can note it and see if they'll cancel it, but there's no guarantee since it's only 2 business days away.

So why the hell can't you cancel something that hasn't been done yet? how hard is it to just say, "OK, we won't send anyone out. you have a good day"

i am still boggled... (and getting more pissed while being hold. at this point it's the principle of the thing and i want to ask why i was put on hold so long)

working up on an hour... and what's weird about the hold is that sometimes there music, and sometimes there's 1-5 minutes of dead air.

grrrrrr, i was disconnected. fuckers. :angry:
    Last edited by CorDarei; 01-25-2008, 10:28 PM.
Working...
X