This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bay door is not a parking spot.

So a salesmen that seems to have a particular dislike for me, parked his pesonal car behind my bay.

I asked him to move and he flat out told me 'No, not gonna happen.' So I went and talked to my boss. He told me I could go to his boss, or he could give me a few ideas.

So I ended up switching around the salesmans spark plug wires. His car still runs, kinda.

BAD!

You have no business tinkering with someone else's vehicle! Period!
    If he was a dick, so be it. Let him be a dick. Just ignore Dickness.

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Yeah, not a smart thing to do. He'll probably figure out it was you who did it, since he knows you don't like him and you had a reason to do it.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It was kinda hard to ignore since it was hindering my ability to get any work done. If I can't get vehicles in and out of my bay I might as well go home.

Plus he does this all the time and nothing gets done about it. And us in the shop are getting tired of it. We can't make a living if we can't do any work becuase he thinks the shops bay doors are his personal parking spots.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Yeah, not a smart thing to do. He'll probably figure out it was you who did it, since he knows you don't like him and you had a reason to do it.
        I might be concerned about that if my boss hadn't told me to do what I did.

The thing is, I work on commission. I get paid based on the actual work I do on the vehicles. He gets paid in a similar way. Basically what he's doing to me would be like me going up to him when he's trying to make a sale and scaring off his customers.
        Last edited by coldcupofjoe; 01-27-2008, 02:29 AM.

Comment

You work the Service at a carlot, am I correct?

Most carlots tend to have wreckers to pick-up broke cars, right?

Given the chance...I'd've put the car on the wrecker and left it up there.

Or moved the car and put it up on cinder blocks (minus the wheels).
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Is this guy a coworker? Or a semi-coworker? I don't know anything about your place of employment.... And I would have moved his vehicle. With a tow truck if you want to be subtle, with a baseball bat if not. It's a form of trespassing. If he keeps it up, you might want to consider dicking with his office space. Fighting fire with fire usually works with bullies.
            "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I would have called in a tow truck. To hell with what the manager says. If this guy is blocking your customers, I would have ignored my boss and called the tow truck. If my manager was spineless and dickless enough to care more about pleasing some Tom, Dick or Harry off the street and had the audacity to not care that customers couldn't access the place, then my manager would DESERVE me going over his head and calling the tow truck.

Messing with his car and/or other personal property is NOT the way to go. Good way to get yourself sued, if not beaten up.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Tinkering/Messing with the car. Um, no. But a tow truck? I am not familiar with your type of employment, but I think that's the way to go. Inform his boss that he is hindering business and will be towed the next time he parks there. One warning. That's it. Might help if you had your boss's approval also, so you can possibly post a sign or something. It'll be a real pain in the ass for this guy to bail his car out of the clink.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yeah, DO NOT mess with other peoples cars unless you want to get it back on yours. A towing is the way to go. Ask him once nicely to move it and then have it towed. Do not threaten to have it done, don't say it, just do it.
                  I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

My boss would tell that salesmen to hit the road and NOT come back.

I have seen him and his dad chase salesmen around the inside of our store. I have also heard them tell salesmen they and their company are full of shit. They have also told salesmen to leave and not come back.

Comment

Would have made more sense to get the vehicle impounded for parking in a no parking zone, than to scew around with the wires and stuff...

Comment

Joe..

My ex-husband works at a big Chevy dealership in the service department. While what you did may be considered over-the-top by some, I know (from experience) that what you did is minor compared to most of the shennanigans that go on in a dealership.

I say he got what he deserved, as long as you didn't cause permanent damage to his car. He was affecting your livelihood.

Flame away, all.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

yeah i have to agree that messing with the plugs might not be the answer. if he can't drive it he can't get it out of your way either.

however a tow truck - especially if you can leave him the bill - is what I'd say.

Comment

Hell, since the OP works at a car dealership, they might have a tow truck there he could call.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Since the OP works on cars, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on safe vs. unsafe prank, though I will say that if he can't get his car gone, it kinda defeats the point to me.

Unless you can then charge him to fix it...
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Working...
                              X