This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarassing moment

We were looking for good help at the store.
    My daughter has a good friend who seems like a really hard-working kid with initiative.

He currently works 2 out of town jobs, and has to get up at dawn every day to catch a ride, or else he stays over in the other towns for a few days at a time.
    Also, neither of the jobs are steady, as one is a roofing job, and the other is with a well-driller. If there's no roof to shingle, or well to drill, he's out of luck.

He was really looking for a steady job close to home.

Anyway, I put in a word for him with HR, and after an interview, he was hired.

The HR guy was bringing him around to show him the place, and when he brought him back to me, the guy was so excited, he just kept thanking the HR guy for the job. Then he said to me, "Thank you so much, Ree," and he grabbed me and hugged me, and kissed me on the cheek.

The HR guy said, "Hmmm...kissing the boss, huh? Well you're not kissing me."

It was a little embarassing and looked a bit unprofessional, but the kid thinks of me as almost his Mom, so I'm sure it was OK.

When I recommended him, I didn't think it would be for my department. I thought they would have put him in either hardware or the seasonal area, as both of those places needed help as well.

I just hope it works out, because there could be some really awkward problems if it doesn't.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

AWWWW!

That is so cute!
    "This is the first time I've seen you look ugly, and that makes me happy!"

Comment

That was very nice. At least you know your effort was very much appreciated

My store is pretty "huggy". Not like all the time but there's little hesitation to hug when needed. We also shake hands, pat backs/shoulders, high five, tickle, etc.

I guess if we ever hire the wrong person we're all going down in a blazing harassment suit.
      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

Folks - Ree's very huggable.

Trust me on this.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Folks - Ree's very huggable.
          Personal experience? *makes a motion to hug Ree, just because*
          Which brings up a story I might have told, oh, six, seven, hundred times...
          Homophobic AM and I were busy straightening out a display near the door, he toward the ground, myself toward my shoulder level. I must've been in a bad mood that day, because all of a sudden, he says, "Juwl, lighten up, there's no reason to be that angry."
          So, I turned toward him, and spread my arms wide. He backed away quick as a flash, and nearly screams, "What the hell was that?"
          "I was gonna hug you. I can do random personality shifts like that..."
          His response? "Oh, I thought you were going to punch me."
          I swapped back and forth for a moment between "I need to give the world a hug" pose, and "I'm gonna smash your face in" pose, neither of which looks like the other.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
          X