This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot in mouth customers.

I truly love seeing the look on customers after they realized they put their foot in their mouth.

For example last night. (I'm going to explain in a semi strange way...).

Dude comes in at 2:32 AM. Sees me talking to a cute girl. She was asking for beer, but its illegal to sale, so I can't. She understands and is cool. She leaves. Dude looked at me like I was the biggest piece of crap ever.
    SC: "DUDE!! You shoulda totally give her beer! Man! She might have given you a <Insert sex act>!.

Me: *raising eyebrow*
    SC: "What, she was hot!? Are ya gay or something!?"
    Me: .... No. I just would never do that with her man.
    SC: *EYES bulge out* WHAT!?
    Girl comes back in, she forgot her car keys. She grabs them, waves at me, and tells me "Tell aunt <my mom name> I said hi!".

SC: ".......oh".

How about you guys? It really a great feeling.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

That's awesome!

But in certain parts near where I live, he'd have still been confused as to why you didn't.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I love that expression too. My sister and I look nothing alike, and we're always fighting, so it's great when someone tries to back one of us up and both turn on him.
      "Oh...you're related...I'll just go mind my own business then."

And if she was too young for alcohol, there's a distinct possibility that she's too young for sex, making you a potential statutory rapist even if she wasn't your cousin.
      "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
        And if she was too young for alcohol, there's a distinct possibility that she's too young for sex, making you a potential statutory rapist even if she wasn't your cousin.
        He didn't say she was too young, it was too late in the evening for him to sell it. Most places I know of have a "no sale of alcohol past such and such time" in the US.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Really? I don't think we have that around here. Most of the bars shut down at 3 AM, but I never thought there might be some sort of city ordinance. I'm usually not out that late anyway. When he said it was illegal, I jumped to age as the factor.
          "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            He didn't say she was too young, it was too late in the evening for him to sell it. Most places I know of have a "no sale of alcohol past such and such time" in the US.
            In Texas, you can't purchase beer for off-premise consumption after midnight Sunday through Friday, after 1:00 am Saturday night - nor can you purchase before 7:00 am Monday through Saturday mornings (noon on Sundays).

Liquor? 10am through 9pm Monday through Saturday only, no sales at all on Sundays. And liquor can't be sold on a few holidays - Christmas Day is the one that stands out, I think New Years is another.

This is assuming you're in a "wet" area. Some areas only allow beer/wine sales, some allow both beer and liquor, some allow no off-premise sales at all. Portions of Dallas (city) allow liquor, while other portions of the city don't allow off-premise sales at all... many suburbs permit beer/wine sales but not liquor.

You can sell alcohol for on-site consumption between 7am and 2am daily in Texas, though if you're serving alcohol before noon on Sunday it has to be with food. This means bars close at 2am - bars/clubs can stay open until 4am if they have an after hours permit, but they can't serve alcohol after 2.

The majority of areas in the US have laws like that (well maybe not quite as draconian as the one requiring food on Sundays, but you get the idea....). Clear as mud, amiright?

Comment

I once had a group of customers who were going on about someone, and they made a very loud comment about "evil redheaded stepchildren." At that very moment they looked up to see me in all of my redheaded glory and turned a very interesting shade of red

Another time a new coworker was starting to try and get me to indulge her on whether or not rumors were true about one of our managers previously getting fired for sexual harassment towards a minor, when I informed her I had been close friends of his family for a long time and was confident he'd never do such a thing, and even if that were the case, the store manager would never have asked him to come back a second time. She was actually a nice person, but bought into drama way too much.
              The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Working...
              X