Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hmm this is a change from past jobs I've had.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm this is a change from past jobs I've had.

So I applied for a job a little while ago. About a week ago I went in for an interview, since they were doing more than one interview that day they said they would call me back to let me know "if I got the job or not" <- the manager's exact words.

Well I get a call back... but not to let me know if i got the job, but to schedule a second interview... ok, strange, I didn't think the position I was applying for required a second interview (It's just a basic customer service/cashier type position).

So now I'm wondering, "what the heck?". Then i realized, that I was asked several questions during the first interview about whether or not I've had any experience as a supervisor.

Now, the only reason I can think of for them wanting to give me a second interview instead of hiring me outright, is because they wanna give me a better job than the one I originally applied for. DO you think this is way out of line thinking? I do have some (albeit basic) supervisor experience, and I have MORE than enough knowledge about the product the company sells (Due to previous work experience in the same industry).

I'm just confused is all...
    <Insert clever signature here>

It's just a second interview. Don't read more into it than it is.
    Before I got hired by Wal-Mart back in 2004 I had 4 interviews!

Comment

The hellhole I work for (Meijer) gives 3 interviews before hiring. This is for any/all jobs in the store.

Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Quoth Retail Associate View Post
        The hellhole I work for (Meijer) gives 3 interviews before hiring. This is for any/all jobs in the store.

Strange, I only had one when that hellhole hired me.

Comment

Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst- worst being more time wasted and you don't get the job.
          My basic dog food advice - send a pm if you need more.

Saydrah's leaving the nest advice + packing list live here.

Comment

Nope - sounds normal to me... not that I've been in that situation.

A couple of people throughout the years have applied for one job, but been offered a higher one based on the original interview (or had a follow-up to make sure!)

Good Luck with it!

Slyt
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Working...
            X