This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you work where you live

As I've said before, I work at the residence desk of my university. For the most part all the student workers at my school live off campus. You can't work desk or patrol until you are in your second year, and security rarely hires first years. Anyway, I do live in residence. I'm actually a Residence Coordinator, so if the other students have an issue they bring it up with me. This means that a lot of the bad things that happen affect me directly in some way.

Last Friday was the one time that I truly hated being in this trinity. Friday night I was hanging out in my room when I hear some of the other students yelling weird things. There was a lot of "Eww gross" and "Don't get it on me." The last thing I heard anyone yell was "DUDE, Don't put that on the wall." I assumed that it was a sticker or graffiti or something. I figured Patrol or security would take care of it after a round. A little while later, I decided to go to the basement to get a bag of chips. I stepped out of my room and saw it.

Directly across the hall was Bloody finger smears. It looked like a demon attacked the wall.

So I run downstairs and tell the guy working the desk what I saw. He radios Patrol who shrug it off saying that they saw it. I thought "Okay, they can't clean it I guess. It is a biohazard so I guess the cleaners will be brought in to clean it." They weren't. However, the cleaners only work on weekdays so I assumed by Monday afternoon it would be cleaned. It wasn't.

I worked Tuesday overnight and sent in a cleaning request that morning. The wall wasn't washed until Wednesday.

Now I'm not sure if the no one else sent in the maintenance request. Or if there just wasn't time to clean it until then. All I know was that It wasn't fun seeing bloody finger prints every time I went to or from my room.

This is why you shouldn't live where you work.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

I dunno. I find it convienient. If I forget something, my place is only an elevator ride away. I can go home for lunch, wake up 10 minutes before my shift, and all kinds of fun stuff. Plus I know *why* things are the way they are. So many residents complain about some rule or policy, but I get to know why it is in place.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Perchance do you know how those stains got there in the first place?

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
        Perchance do you know how those stains got there in the first place?
        Drunk guy with a nose bleed.

Comment

Dratsies, I was hoping there was a very long and interesting story. Oh well.

Comment

Quoth Dark-Star View Post
            Dratsies, I was hoping there was a very long and interesting story. Oh well.
            Well that's the Theory. We actually don't know who did it or why.

Comment

Working...
            X