This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mocrowave madness

In the stock room behind the kiosk there is a microwave - used for defrosting hot dog rolls and heating cheese sauce for nachos.

You are supposed to turn it off

A girl put a packet of hot dog rolls in to defrost, turned the microwave on for far longer than was neccesary and promptly forgot about them.

When she finally rembered, the microwave was in a state. The rolls were HOT. She put the melted packet in the bin which promptly caught fire, set off the fire alarms and meant the building had to be evacuated.

She subsequently felt ill and was sent the hospital in case she had a dose of radiation.

And she is one of the brighter ones.

Cheese Welding

If you heat up a jug of cheese sauce and some of it overflows onto the plate in the microwave, you (of course) leave it, because someone else will clean it up.

If you come to use the microwave again and there is cheese sauce on the plate, do you (a) wash the plate, or (b) put another plate on top of it and use the microwave?

If your answer is (b) then you will have inadvertantly discovered the new art of cheese welding. Not only does the cheese sauce heat up and burn after repeated blasting with microwave radiation and so weld the plates together with faux dairy product which has the consistency of superglue, but it also heats the plates up to scorching temperatures. And makes me say "", very loudly when I touch it.

Genius.
    Last edited by cinema guy; 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Quoth cinema guy View Post
    You are supposed to turn it off

A girl put a packet of hot dog rolls in to defrost, turned the microwave on for far longer than was neccesary and promptly forgot about them.

When she finally rembered, the microwave was in a state. The rolls were HOT. She put the melted packet in the bin which promptly caught fire, set off the fire alarms and meant the building had to be evacuated.

She subsequently felt ill and was sent the hospital in case she had a dose of radiation.

No. No she is not.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

A dose of radiation? Wow.

You should get a new microwave, usually they don't put off enough radiation to cause problems like that.
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post

Could she have been feeling ill because of the smell of burning plastic and stuff?
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Somehow I doubt she actually got a dose of radiation.

We now have a shiny new microwave with a notice on the door telling us not to put packaging in it.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

I bought something from the freezer to eat on break the other day. I'm surprised I didn't get food poisoning from the microwave in the break room. Never again.
            The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
            X