This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A confusing morning

This isn't really about one job in particular.

This morning, I got up at 8:30, took a shower and headed out the door at 9:45 to be to work at 10. I walk in about 5 minutes early and was told that I was late. So, I was confused. Put my coat in the breakroom, grab a walkie and head to the floor. As I'm getting ready to punch in the Senior goes, "FL, you aren't supposed to be here???"

I was supposed to be in at noon. No big deal, call my CPA and talk to him on the phone for about 5 minutes to figure the status of my tax returns and to give him my banking information.

I decided to pop in my own stomping grounds. Now, I go from working with Tools to Computers. Quite a change, right?

Walk in, I was harassed by one of the lead's about how I can't be in there unless I'm coming back to work for them. Saw another lead, he gave me a hug. Then I stopped into the Tools department and hung out for about 5 minutes just talking to everyone. Went upstairs to see my roomie and he was busy with someone. So I waited and chatted with a coworker of his.

His coworker: How's things at the Big Blue Box?
    Me: Good... good.
    His coworker: I was looking for you the other day, I wanted to buy a router.
    *at this point, my circuitry scrambled and I say...*
    Me: I don't work here anymore. (Thinking about the wood working tool a router)
    His coworker: I know... that's why I was at the Big Blue Box.
    Me: Ooooh! A ROUTER! I was thinking about the wood working router.

It must've been the air.

Now, I have to leave for work, again.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?
Working...
X