This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My break is coming...

Soon, they will hire a new trainer to replace Alice. Soon, I will no longer be the newest trainer, and the most likely to get the DipShits dumped on me.

While I don't agree with the logic, I can see why they purposely put potentially problematic trainees with new trainers, and I can also see why they'd put problem trainees with nice trainers, so they can get their money's worth (hell, if they wasted all that money hiring and orientating them, they figure with a nice trainer, the bad trainee will last at least a few weeks!).

I won't bask in the glory though. I promise, whomever this new trainer is, I will do my best to help. If they get a DipShit right away, I will step in and tell them everything they need to know. I never had any support when I first became a trainer, and I'd never wish that upon anyone. Everyone needs support and help.

While it will feel nice to finally be a bit more immune to idiot trainees, I won't rub it in. It's a sad thing about being a new trainer, ESPECIALLY if you're a really nice person....all the bad ones get dumped on you to "test" you.

My personal opinion is that people from the factory should be helping to screen the temps, because the temp lady seems to just let anyone and everyone in, and I also fully believe that if the training folk think that a trainee is going to be a problem or a handfull, they a) shouldn't have been hired in the first place and b) shouldn't be put with a nice trainer. They need to be put with a "no nonsense" trainer. Seriously, just giving problem trainees to nice trainers because they know the nice trainers won't flip out on them is wrong. I think they forgot about what happened with DipShit. While I maintained my composure and never flipped out on him, I did NOT tolerate the way he treated me. I made sure to let my boss know every little thing he did and he still ended up fired. The difference between a "no nonsense" trainer and a nice trainer is that the nice one won't flip out on the trainee but will still CYA and take the proper steps to make sure that temp gets in trouble. The "No nonsense" one will put the trainee in their place, and from that point, either the trainee will snap out of it and behave, or they'll quit.
    Last edited by blas; 02-08-2008, 01:11 AM.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

there's nothing better than someone willing to say, "i'm going to do what i can to make sure the next person doesn't have as hard a time with this as i had"

Comment

blas, I can't find the post. What finally happened with DipShit?
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

It's probably two or three pages back, I think the thread title is "Please!!! PLEASE?" or something similar. It starts out with him NCNSing again, and then me getting mad that he came back, and then him getting fired ultimately.

It's a very long story, but the short version was once my boss grew a pair and realized nothing but nothing would ever get DipShit to listen or learn, he got rid of him!

We found out who is replacing Alice last night. He's a very shy, nerdy kid, so I'm certain they'll test him the same way they did with me.

Found out they tricked us and gave us ALL guys this time. I'm used to getting male trainees, but this will be a first for Ben. The training lady promised my newbie is quiet and good.

Comment

Here's my question:

If there is such a thing as a potentially 'problematic' trainee, WHY did they get hired in the first place?????

Oh wait, am I using logic again? I know management and SC's are very anti-logic.

Silly me.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

You're asking the wrong person, hun......I don't understand reverse logic.

The Friday before I got DipShit, the training lady even had to find me and warn me about him. She didn't talk shit or go into detail, she just said "He may be a handfull and I don't think this is the right job for him."

Um, if you have to say that, they shouldn't have been hired. But then again, the temp lady lets anyone off the street in. If you can pass a drug test, you're in. Hell, I'm convinced we don't even drug test anymore. I'm convinced if you can tell what color the sky is, you're hired.

Comment

Blas, the temp lady may very well have a monthly goal that she has to reach---and that's why she seems to hire idiots. She may be forced to hire a certain number of people, now matter how many actually 'qualified' people applied.
              Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

That could be, and since we've been hiring non stop for so long, we very well could truly be at the bottom of the barrel, and there really isn't anyone left but DipShits and Naughty Boys.

Comment

Working...
                X