This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poor poor boss :(

So, lots of crap has been happening to our work. I had to train someone, swing guy called in sick alot, my mom's heart attack and we're always shortcrewed. Basically, my boss has been working for a straight month now, with several of those days double shifts (16 hours), not including having to take care of her family, Chinese New Year, and her youngest daughter turning 2. Everyone is fine and well. She was so happy, because she was going to get off Friday at 2:00 pm, and get Saturday and Sunday off, since its my normal shift to work mornings on those. I get off at Friday at 6 AM, happy about having a day off my self. I was surfing the net, having fun, not really sleeeping at all, til my phone rings. Its my boss, at 4 PM. Not good. I answer.

Boss: Hey Plaidman, you sleep yet? Did you take pills?"
    Plaidman: Err... no, not yet... why?
    Boss: I need you work grave tonight, I'll cover morning shift, but can you come in at 8 pm?
    Plaidman: O_O "WTF happen?
    Boss: "Swing-girl fail sting".

Basically, Swing-girl didn't card someone who worked for Corporate, so she's suspended for little bit, plus she has to go through training school again.
    Boss and me both looked at the tape, at the best guess who it could be. The one we're pretty sure who it was, as nether of us have seen him before, and only bought a really really really cheap beer. He had nice clothes, bit of grey hair. His real age is 29. We're suppose to card anyone that looks 30 and under. I think its crap, but whatever. This corporate buttheads don't deal with the cursing, knife wielding, display tossing knuckleheads that get pissed off we assume they're under 21. So, we all kinda card when we think they might be 25 and under. Still though. Poor boss. She gets to work long time again.

Also, minor sidenote. Swing girl is normally pretty damn good at IDing. She can memorize regular customers birthday pretty damn good. The chance of a real underage person getting a beer from her, is like having ... well. um. Ree swear nonstop and curse at a new person for being nice to us at the boards!
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

shortcrewed

I read that as shortscrewed initially
    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Same thing, actually.

Ironically, this is how I got my second gas station job. When I had moved into the eastside apartments in student housing, I had to leave my old job (first gas station job). I had very little money and needed a job quick. I took the bus almost all the way to High street and proceeded to walk back east on Broad until I came to Hamilton, inquiring about jobs all along the way (that's relevant only if you know Columbus well). In any case, last stop was a gas station and they literally jumped for joy when I asked if they were hiring because one of their cashier's just got busted for doing an underage sale. Weird, huh? It wasn't that great of a job and the first I left without already having another place to go, but yeah.
      Last edited by gunsage; 02-09-2008, 07:15 PM.
      You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

all i can think of is... GREY hair, and they want to bust her for not carding him?

i'd say ... tell them he looked like he was 40.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          all i can think of is... GREY hair, and they want to bust her for not carding him?

i'd say ... tell them he looked like he was 40.
          That's just lame. To me, it sounds like they deliberately picked someone who looks older than he is because they *want* to fail people. Never mind that the guy is plenty old enough to buy alcohol.

Comment

I had noticeable grey hair when I was 16.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

I had it at 18.... When I was 25, I never got carded, while my 31 year old husband did. *sigh* Oh let's face it, he's 38 and STILL gets carded... he just looks young.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I have a regular customer that comes in to buy cigarettes.

My boss occasionally will happen to see the transaction, and then give me crap for not carding him.

Each time I remind him that there's no possible way for the guy to have gone from 34 to 17 since I had carded him last.

Comment

I had it at 18.... When I was 25, I never got carded, while my 31 year old husband did. *sigh* Oh let's face it, he's 38 and STILL gets carded... he just looks young.
                  My brother in law bought the wine for my 19th birthday party. He's a month younger than me... just looked mature enough that they never carded him.

When I go to the Gaijin club here we go by Japan's law: 20+ to drink. They check ID for anyone who's going to drink & then issue a paper arm band.

I personally feel the 100% card rule is better cos that way it's all equal.
                  or at least a rule of "we card everyone except seniors" ?

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                    I had noticeable grey hair when I was 16.
                    I started getting grey hairs when I was twelve.

Damn you, genetics!!!
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                    X