This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird signatures

Today I had a customer whose signature on the credit card receipt looked like it said "Mrs Boobs". And it was a guy. I forget the actual name on the card, but after looking at it I could see how you could get it from the signature.

disclaimer / Just to let everyone know I have absolutely nothing against anybody from the Middle East or any other area or country for that matter. /disclaimer

That being said, I have seen the name Mahboob several times in my job. (And yes, it does make me have to stifle a giggle, infantile as it is, but that's the truth.) Perhaps the man was named Mahboob?
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Noh, it was a Greek name... M. Slabobo or something like that.

We have one customer named Hardik, which is a perfectly sensible name in India.

Comment

*Beginning of tangent / threadjack about strange / humourous names people have encountered*

Three years ago I had a customer named Peter Peter. When he said his name, I had to keep myself from blurting out "Pumpkineater?"

There was a Jack Spratt. I desperately wanted to ask if he could eat no fat or if his wife could eat no lean, but I remained tactful.

I had a customer with the last name of Boomhauer. Fortunately he did not speak like Hank Hill's friend.
        Last edited by Caveat Emptor; 02-10-2008, 03:21 AM.
        Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Once I had a customer who was called, I kid you not, Tom Riddle. I still live in hope of encountering a Harry Potter one day. XD
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

one o my old co-workers told me bout a tech rep he worked with once named... (and i'm not kidding)... Dick Dangler.

it caused quite a stir when they paged him on the loudspeaker. one of the bosses tried to scream at the guy who'd said the page, thinking he'd been just f*ing around with the system... until Dick showed up and said, "Do you have a problem with my name?"

Comment

What about Hugh Jass?
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Best last name I've found so far (and by the way, I think it's an awesome name, so know that I'm not trying to make fun of you)...

Niceschwanger

You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Hi there; Finally decided to de-lurk to reply to this.

My dad used to work for the Royal Bank of Canada back in the 70's and 80's (He was a computer programmer; Classic stuff like FORTRAN2, COBOL, and such). Anyhow, at the time, the president of the Bank, or that provincial division, was (I am not making this up)

Harry Balls.

His favourite line, when asked about his name was "Keep a Straight face, or you're fired."

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    What about Hugh Jass?
                    Better yet, Hugh Janus. Mr Janus is a very powerful man, you see...

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
                      Three years ago I had a customer named Peter Peter. When he said his name, I had to keep myself from blurting out "Pumpkineater?"
                      About 12 years ago, I met a Peter Peter....and the guy's name that introduced us? Peter, of course!
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

"Mario and Luigi"

"Last names?"

"Mario"
                        "And he's Luigi?"
                        "No, he's Mario too."
                        "What?"
                        "Mario Mario and Luigi Mario"
                        "So there's 3 Marios between the two of you?"
                        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                          Once I had a customer who was called, I kid you not, Tom Riddle.
                          I don't get this one?

*edit* Okay, googled it.. Never read Harry Potter.

My last name is Riddle, and have several family members named Tom.

I was thinking to myself "What the heck could be so funny about Tom Riddle?"

Got it now..

.. Now back to your regularly scheduled topic
                          Last edited by Nephy; 02-12-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I had a customer whose name was Wayne Kerr, say that fast and you'll get the drift

Comment

had to investigate a cell phone account for

Amer E. Khan

we speculated if it was a real name or not for quite a while
                              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                              X