This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We ALL knew what she meant, but....

Back to the past again... same store.. Meijers.

HQ at one point decided to send a video team out to tape workers, managers, etc. as a sort of 'pep tape' that the rest of us could watch. Motivational I guess. I don't think they got my manager on tape as he positively HATE all kinds of photographic media. Case in point: all the managers have a picture of themselves somewhere in the department. Ours arranged the floral dept so his pic was totally hidden unless you peeked in back of the obscuring display.

After about a week, the team leaves, edits and processes the tape and sends it back to us. I don't remember if they went to all the stores and did this, it is too far in the past and I have killed too many brain cells in the intervening eon. The store takes turns sending us peons back to view this tape.

It was a nice tape, fairly normal I would think, until they interviewed the manager of the cash register dept (can't remember exact title). She was reminiscing about helping a customer with a problematical item. (Not a sucky customer..) At the end of the story she says "...and I was glad when she left." The interview got cut at that point because the poor girl realized what she had said and that it could (would in our case) be taken the wrong way. She begged the team to let her redo it, but (in her words) they smiled wickedly and said they liked it juuuust the way it was. Either out of politeness or obtuseness, me and another co-worker were the only ones who reacted to that statement... burst out laughing, punched each other on our arms and, in short, made a spectacle of ourselves.

Be careful what you say: it can come back and bite you, or at the least provide for a few minutes of hysterical laughter.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ
Working...
X