This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Plaidman View Post
    I found out that she barely sleep because she didn't want to miss my call if I did call. I love my boss.
    Time to buy your boss a camping mattress to keep in the break room! Next time she's got an employee with a family emergency, she ought to crash in the break room and get some sleep, secure in the knowledge that her employee can just come in and wake her if its needed.

But yes - great boss! Maybe all her employees can band together to make it a good camping mattress.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Hey everyone--thanks everyone for your kind words and thoughts.

Today my boss acted like nothing happened on Friday and joked around with me and whatnot. I was sort of like "uh, leave me alone!" because eh, I just didn't want to be around her!

It's funny...the hardlines team is trying to get me to go back on their team and my boss was all "no, she's mine! she's staying on my team!" (whatever!!) and I secretly went over to the hardlines manager and told her I wanted to go back to her team. But I can't right now because there is no spot.

I know that the hardlines manager is pretty lazy too, but at least on that team I would be basically working by myself and won't have to rely as much on team mates as I do for softlines. Besides, I really miss my tool department. That was the worst mistake of my life...going to softlines. Ugh.

Okay, well, I'm off for the week to the funeral. Thank you again for your thoughts.

Comment

A couple years ago a friend of mine was doing a college intern thing down at Disney. His mother was very sick at the time (brain cancer) but she didn't want him to give up his position in the program, so he stayed down there, but told her all she had to do was ask and he would be up ASAP. She finally asked for him and he took a week off of work (higher ups gave him a hard time but his immediate manager said "Go, I'll deal with them"). Near the end of his visit, his mom lost the fight with cancer. You woulda though he asked for a friggin year off with the way Disney reacted, his response boiled down to "tough shit, I'm burying my mother, get over it"

I just can't believe the crass insensivity of some people/corporations
        Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Pfft. That was no apology. That was a sop to soothe that b****es stinging conscience.

So sorry she treated you like crud and disrespected your grandpa.

Comment

Working...
          X