X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was speechless *rambly*

One of my coworkers does not like me.

She dislikes me enough that she almost quit last weekend.

I mean, I knew she doesn't like me, but this was news to me.

Everyone thinks I hate her. I don't. I simply don't *like* her.

I think I know the reason of what almost sent her over the edge: she interrupts me-a lot-when I'm on the middle of something. And I, unfortunately, let it be known by my facial expression that I am NOT happy about the interruption.

We have a store policy of if there are more then 2 people in line, we're supposed to buzz the other person to come back up front. I understand why we have the policy, but I also feel that there needs to be some common sense involved. She WILL buzz me if there are 3 people in line. I've been known to help 5+ people on my own without once buzzing anyone.

She also drives me nuts by constantly asking if I am done doing whatever task it is that I am in the middle of. For example: a couple weeks ago, I was doing "the order." I was ordering everything our store needs in groceries, automotive, candy, and Gatorade. I went up front several to get a drink, since I was getting dehydrated. EVERY single time I went up front, she kept asking if I was done yet. NO. Quit asking me. I haven't even ordered the cigarettes yet, for pity's sake.

I would get my work done a hell of a lot faster if you'd quit bugging me about it!

I don't mean to be abrupt with her, but she pushes my buttons.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

2 people in line? Geez. B&N's standard is 5 people in line per cashier. Assuming no large or difficult transactions, I could easily handle 5-10 customers without worrying too much about calling for help.

I used to work with a woman who was constantly asking the same questions over and over. Like how to do relatively simple transactions...after she'd been there for months and had done it a million times. Man, that gets annoying.

I also worked with a girl who hated me. Really, it was more that she had a thing for my boyfriend (who worked in receiving). So she hated me. Then we broke up and I later started dating someone else in the store (the other BF didn't work there anymore, though). She had a thing for him too. So she hated me even more. She never spoke to me unless she absolutely had to (like when she needed a payout to pay the newspaper bill, or, say, needed her paycheck cashed ), and after I left the store, when I'd stop in to shop or visit she would act like I wasn't even there. Yeah, did I mention she was like 27 years old? Grow up.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I wish I could drive someone to almost quit.

Wait, I did once. Back at Goodwill.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        I wish I could drive someone to almost quit.

Wait, I did once. Back at Goodwill.
        tell.......

oh yeah - I've had a few ppl not like me at work places...mostly cos they're slack-arses and shouldn't be there, and I automatically take a dislike to such people... (including a couple of managers )
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 02-23-2008, 04:22 PM. Reason: merged
        When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

There's a lot of random numbers floating around at my job as to when I should call for backup. These numbers range from: Anyone more than the person you're ringing out (FES M), to 5 people in line (various), to "Stop f*cking calling me!" (also various)
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

At my last job, the rule was more than two and a second register had to be opened. Which was really annoying, because I would be paged when I was at the other side of the store, then I'd rush to the front, and the line would be gone. Usually because people would only have one or two things in their hand, and the cashier didn't have any common sense.

The flipside was we had one lady who wouldn't call anyone and the line would be 5 or so people deep, everyone with a basket full of stuff. Which was really aggravating, because a manager (who could have opened) would be annoyed when they had to tell me to open. The managers/owners there seemed to think you should be able to see through walls and have super speed.

I believe I may have gone off topic.

Comment

I had the opposite problem. I'd get lectured if I have more than four people in my line. I can HANDLE that many. I go pretty fast without any delays, and while I do appreciate the help, by the time the supervisor gets to my station to help I have the line down.
              Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
              X