This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More planogram nincompoopery

So it seems it is time for the annual spring planogram resets. Seasonal, toys and sporting goods are the areas most affected, but there are resets in most every department.

My job today when not doing carryouts: manually request the sections of spring and pool toys that the morning crew set, bring down the merchandise and fill those sections up.

Ye Gods, was everything fucked up. I had big boxed items which, according to the planogram, were to be hung on peghooks. There were no places to hang the boxes on the packaging and the little stick-on hooks we used just fell off because the boxes were too heavy. And it would also seem the approximations of packaging sizes on the planogram were conveniently misunderestimated, because by the time I finished everything was just squished on top of everything else; peghooks were heaving up because the products were touching the peghooks below them and boxes were having to be turned on their sides so they'd fit under the shelves.

It turns out our planograms are done via computer, not by arranging things on a gondola in the corporate office somewhere. So I imagine some suit is given a list of all the items that have to fit in a certain section and the number of facings for each item, and just noodles around until they manage to get everything to fit somehow.

The one good thing is corporate is not too anal about planograms being set exactly as sent out, unlike some places. As long as every item is represented and it looks halfway decent they're happy.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I'm willing to bet the plangram software says box sizes must include the space to clear the neighbouring product, and the idiot who entered them didn't include it.
    ludo ergo sum

Comment

We have had our spring floorset for a few weeks now, had it done....had to redo it....had to redo it a second time....had to redo it a third time...and according to shipment documents we are probably going to have to redo it a fourth time. Why you might ask?

They "forgot" about certain fashion colors that they had developed and didnt include them in the floor plan. Also, they call for 14 different colored t-shirts to be hung up on 1 4-way rack. so yeah...we have 1 size run of each color on the four way. If we sell any of them we have to walk back and get a new one in that size from backstock. Sell a large t-shirt in red...walk to the back to get 1 more large t-shirt in red to replace it..then walk to the front of the store to hang it up. Its gotten to the point of being so annoying that I dont even point them out to people anymore even though they are our highest quality shirts.

Also, they forgot about 3 different product lines entirely. They introduced a brand new line of bras and didnt include them in the planogram. This means that I have to adjust my bra wall (since Im in charge of merchandising for the store) so these new styles...with 5 different colors can fit on to the wall. I have been seriously pulling my hair out the past 3 weeks.
      "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, it was all started by a mouse" --Walt Disney

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        It turns out our planograms are done via computer, not by arranging things on a gondola in the corporate office somewhere.
        I don't find that surprising in the least.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X