This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that is one happening credit union

OK, one of the only times I regret not not having a camera in my phone. I'm heading down the road near one of my stops, when I see a billboard advertising a local credit union. Now, this credit union wanted to show that they were trendy, a bit artsy... so the computer the chick model was sitting in front of wasn't just another boring beige black box... they had an iMac...

Yup. The original iMac, circa 1998. That powerful 233 MHz G3 processor is just the thing to power the amazing 32 megabytes (not kilobytes, folks!) of RAM on board! Unfortunately, the coolness factor was probably lost because I'm sure the thing had the original "puck" mouse.

...omg, I used to have one of the original, Bondi Blue, iMacs, just like that one. I used to think it was so awesome and trendy at the time.

[/macgeek]
    "Well, ergo cogitum daltitum e pluribus shut your piehole." -Mike Rowe

Comment

Quoth chops View Post
      ...omg, I used to have one of the original, Bondi Blue, iMacs, just like that one. I used to think it was so awesome and trendy at the time.

[/macgeek]
      And did Willy Wonka know you had his computer?

The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth chops View Post

[/macgeek]
        I had one for many years, until the power unit died. And by that time, they were in the middle of the first-gen flat panel imacs, so the cost to fix wasn't worth it. It ended up being destroyed used as part of an engineering merit badge for my scout troop. Rather interesting how they packed everything in there. Almost as interesting as the first-gen flat screens— the ones that looked like half-balls with the monitor attached to an arm on the top. Those, they really packed in tight and in odd ways. The CPU, for instance, is on the bottom of the machine, and is round.

Comment

Working...
        X