This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Hectic 15 minutes

So my schedule for the rest of this week & next week looked like this at 1:30 (All are first initials of job sites)

Thurs: Nothing
    Fri: C & E
    Mon: G
    Tues: A
    Wed: A
    Thurs: R
    Fri: 77?

At 1:35 it looked like this:
    Thurs: C
    Fri: Nothing
    Mon: E
    Tues: G
    Thurs: A
    Fri: R

Because C found out we had Thursday open and wanted it, E canceled, and I hadn't heard from G all day. (How C found out Thursday was open I'm still perturbed about)

At 1:40 it looked like this:
    Thurs: C
    Fri: G

Because G called asking for Monday, when told it was gone he cursed, I told him Friday was open, so he took it and said he'll force his people to be ready.

At 1:42 it looked like this:
    Thurs: Nothing
    Fri: G & C

Why? Because C decided that he suddenly wasn't ready (which I had assumed in the first place) after I had already made the calls, sent the faxes, etc. Thankfully at 2:06 it's still this, and won't change until tomorrow.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain I do scheduling, not for different sites but for different events at my venue, but I usually don't get important information until the last minute. Things changing like, how many people they want working, and how many EMTs then I have to call everyone to see if they can work at the last minute when I told them before I was completely staffed for the show.

Comment

*peers at draftermatt* You work for Dyslexic Schizophrenics? That sounds an awful lot like what they do daily, ya know...

Comment

Working...
      X