This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a resignation letter

I am not going to officially demote myself until we get a new supervisor. So I am not strapped for time here.

It's not required, but I am going to write a resignation letter explaining why I am quitting being a trainer, so I can bring it in with me to prove I am serious, and that I am not about to be talked out of it.

All I can think of writing right now is something along the lines of "Due to several conflicts of interest and a poor review I received, I will no longer be assuming the position of trainer. I will continue to train until a replacement is found. I feel resuming my old position of operator will best suit my skills." Or something like that.

Now, I need serious advice....no funny jokes or quips about DS, even though I know myself I'd love to reference that.

How would you guys write it, based upon every story I've told here?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

I would probably leave out the part about the poor review. It could be seen as an admission of failure.

Instead, I'd say I was resigning due to "conflicts of interest and other personal reasons". Or something like that.

If the letter isn't required, I'd keep it short and to the point.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The letter is not required, but there will be attempts to talk me out of it. I need to prove that I am serious.

You're right, IPF. Wouldn't want to admit "failure"....although I do not take responsibility for that "failure", if you know what I mean.

I'm also putting it off until we get a new boss because my current one will not let me demote myself.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well, to start off with, let's call it what it really is: an ultimatum.

That said, you need to set a cutoff date for this. Leaving it open ended will simply allow them the leeway to never get the replacement.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

I worked maintenance at my store for one summer. Hated every second of it so I requested to go back to my regular receiving job entirely. My request was granted and a replacement was hired for maintenance.

A few months later the replacement quit and management tried to convince me to return to maintenance "until we hire somebody else."

Oh no, Irv don't play that. If I would've gone back they'd never have hired a replacement and would have just left me there.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Rather than say "because of a bad review," I would say something like, "Due to a disagreement over how the review process is handled." You don't admit failure, and you point out one of your main reasons for a requested move. They can ask you to clairify if they feel the need to.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X