This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sigh*

I am applying for a job in the incoming call-centre of the insurance company boy works for. AM I being an UTTER idiot?

Hell, it pays a grand more a year at starting salary than I earn as an assistant manager and will actually leave me with the occasional free saturday, and I want to be gone from this hellhole before I'm fired. And boy will get up to £1000 for referring me if I'm hired.

I've done outgoing call centers and been in retail for four years, so I think I can handle it.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

I'd say you're making a good decision. Call center work isn't the most fun thing to do in the world, but if it pays better, it's a step in the right direction in my opinion.
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Go for it, better to jump than be pushed.
      A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Also, incoming seems to be better than outgoing, as at least incoming they *need* to deal with you, if not exactly want to. Better hours, the working environment shouldn't be toxic, and very little threat of being fired, especially compared to your current situation. Go for it.
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ginger - seeing the load of horse-manure that you've had heaped upon you lately, I say go for it.

It depends on the call center. I work for a relatively small one, and it's laid back and very cool. Don't get me wrong, the customers can be idiots occasionally and the managers do make the occasional decision, but all-in-all I love it and wouldn't trade it for the world.

Keep us posted and GOOD LUCK!!!
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

well, he will be referring me today and I will be applying online as soon as I get home. I am setting my able to start date as a month (I have to work my notice) after the end of my holiday/ after you've told me I'm hired. I will be pimpin' my bad self.
            Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Hey, good luck on getting a better job. Anything that starts out better than a job you've had for a while is a good move, especially if it will give you more "you" time.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X