Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The phone call that made me mad (Not customer related)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Boochan View Post
    No problems. I've been reading a lot of telemarketing/junk debt call logs recently, and I guess my views were a bit temporarily biased after typing that.
    I work as a phone jockey for a large retail corp office, so I am inundated with telemarketer calls that really go beyond ... well. ... gee ...

So I have to say that I am biased also. I try not to take it out on the poor person who happened to get my number, but after the 20th call for the day for the same thing ... I lose it at them.

But I have yet to encounter someone so unbelievably insensitive ... Wow. I'm pretty sure I would have reacted much the same as you.

BTW Boochan - just noticed your location, where in WA? (Am I allowed to ask that question?) I'm a West Aussie, too ... I'm a Pilbara Kid. (well I was until I moved to Canada)

SJ
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
      Me: Hello (store name).
      CC: This is (name) with (Credit Card Company) Is (XXX XXXX) there?
      Me: No, i'm sorry, he's out on family emergency. May I take a message?
      CC: We aren't able to reach him. Your business name was on file, so we called you. We want to inform him that his payment is due.

Even more surprising, it's the same company I have a card with!! Now i'm seriously considering cancelling my cards and switching over to another company.
      Quoth freeatlast View Post
      Not to mention the privacy of your co-worker. I thought that they were legally bound NOT to disclose the reason for the call to anybody but the actual account holder. I'm almost positive that the person calling probably broke the law by discussing your co-workers past due credit card bill with you.
      It sounds to me like the account wasn't even past due yet! Since when does any CC company call about only due accounts??

Hon'ya-chan, if you are willing to let us know, even if via pm, which company it is, it would sure be appreciated. I just want to be sure that I have NO dealings with a company like that! Unless your co-worker specifically indicated to the CC company that anyone he works with is allowed to discuss his bill, the CC company screwed up BAD.
      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I had my cell phone through Pacific Bell. They were purchased by Cingular. Okay for a while, then customer service went downhill. I changed to AT&T. Then AT&T is acquired by Cingular. Bad customer service again.

There was a period of several months after the acquisition where I would get my bill and approximately one week later I would get a call demanding payment. Not a nice reminder, a "Why haven't we received payment?" call. Please, I just got the bill a week ago! I seriously started looking at other carriers, then it suddenly stopped.

Now, I'm looking at other carriers, though I just got a new contract in December. I'm willing at this point to eat the fees if I can find another carrier with the coverage and much less annoyance.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
        X