This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's called mute

So I got a phone call from someone in a call center needing clarification on a file in the office.
    Now this person tells me whom they are and what company they are calling on behalf of. (note I am having a really hard time understanding this person's spoken word)
    She goes into what she is calling about giving confidential information in the process.
    However, she has never asked to whom she is speaking. It isn't my information she is giving but, that of my parents.
    I try to tell her I am not on the file and who within her company she needs to speak to.
    She tells me to transfer her to the person in her company.
    I point out that the person works for her company not mine and I don't have a way to transfer her.
    She becomes insistant that I transfer her.
    I ask for her supervisor. (This is where she tries to pull a fast one)
    She puts her hand on the phone and asks her co-worker to say they are a supervisor.
    She then comes back to me says something about just a moment.
    Hands the phone to the co-worker (you can hear this happening)
    Co-worker says hello - I ask her name - she gives me the same name that the original caller gave me.
    At that moment I decided to stop playing the game.
    I asked multiple questions of the new person to find out what dept in the company they are with. She tried to get the phone number of the person within their own company from me. I didn't give them the number.
    I did call the person I know at that company - they are now looking into the situation.

But seriously if you are going to have your co-worker pretend to be the supervisor . . .don't ask them to do it without putting the phone on hold or mute . . .and don't use the same first name. (And if you do chose to use a name that isn't the one you were born with . . .make sure it is one you can pronounce. stumbling over the name while saying it . . .just gives away what you are doing)

Cripes!

I hope she gets reamed for that personal information lapse.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X