This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic wheelchair fail

The big buzz around my store this week has been a local MENSA member in a wheelchair.

Apparently, she came to the store with her daughter and maybe somebody else. She was in her electric wheelchair or mobility scooter and decided to zip up the wheelchair ramp at pretty much the top speed for the wheelchair or scooter.

Except she missed the ramp. Instead, she slammed into the curb and tipped the wheelchair/scooter over, suffering a broken arm and probably other injuries.

This incident was discussed at the latest safety/shrink committee meeting and fortunately for now it doesn't look like she'll try to sue, since the ramp wasn't obstructed in any way and the person/people with her said she was going too fast anyway.

Still, the mental picture of this, including big red letters reading "FAIL", is giving me the giggles.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

she owned herself

thats awesome to see anyone do

my friend owned herself on the stairs once, telling me as she looked back up that any one who falls down the stairs is a retard.... then she proceeds to fall down the stairs in a roly poly motion....

It still kills me to this day, i remember cracking up as i ran down to help her, she must have made three fill rolls around on her way down....she was crying and laughing at the same time
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Am I a bad person for laughing at the mental images?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Am I a bad person for laughing at the mental images?
        I think most of us are going to hell for that, then...

Comment

My gourd, that was so funny.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Sounds like...

She should have her little yellow map pin revoked.

Comment

And in addition to that lovely imagine she created, you have to ask yourself what would have happened had she not missed the ramp? Dukes of Hazzard, anyone?

Comment

She should install a horn on that thing like the car on Dukes of Hazard...oh what the hell is that car's name.....oh short term memory loss is such a biotch....

That kind of reminds me of the woman in my hometown. She had to have suped up that wheelchair...she had a yellow flag on the back of it and she would literally zoom up and down the sidewalks and would zoom across the street with no warning...I wouldn't be surprised if she hopped some curbs with it too, lol. She probably had some NOS in there.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Thanks for that it was bothering me that whole time I wrote that....wow I can't remember anything these days.....
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    wow I can't remember anything these days.....
                    That would be *long* term memory loss, blas I can't believe you forgot that!
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth patiokitty View Post
                      The General Lee! I always wanted a ride in that thing when I was a kid

Heh, that TV series is why those cars are so rare nowadays. They trashed at least one per episode (and as many as six in some cases).

Comment

Working...
                      X