This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit today!...LONG vent AHEAD.

Today I quit my job at Hersheypark. Too much bullshit going that I felt I had no choice but not to go back to work. I understand all about giving a proper 2 week notice BUT I couldn't work there anymore. I was starting to get frightened that I'd end up with a nervous breakdown.
    I worked my ass off for peanuts working with idiot teeny-boppas who don't move a lick unless you scream at them to "move your ass!" For example-last Sunday I was hosing my particular assigned section of the park. I had a teen ager help me by moving the hose as i did my thing so I wouldn't have to drag it behind me. So what did he do most of the time? Just stand there like a dirty pebble not helping me! More than once I had to tell him to "get the hose so I can move easier". It's not easy hosing when you're handling what amounts to a fireman's hose with some serious water pressure behind it. If you don't know what you're doing or watch what you're doing then you can get hurt.
    I lost my temper & threw the hose down & screamed at him to "GET THE FUCKING HOSE & HELP ME YOU STUPID FUCK!!!!!" He was like this--->
    Then I got the hose & hosed best I could & by then didn't care if he helped me or not. So we were late getting our section done. Mty supervisor was pissed & I told him "that's what you get for pairing me with somebody who doesn't know what they're doing"
    He said..."Well, you should have trained him & showed him what to do & how to do it"
    I said.."That's not in my job description. I'm not a trainer"
    His reaction----->
    Then I said..."I'd be better off doing this myself"
    Then he said.."That can be arranged. Be carefull what you ask for, you just might get it".

Then after we're done hosing the park, around 9:30 in the morning, we go on our half hour "lunch break". At about 10:00 in the morning we're assigned either the "New Packer" or the "Old Packer". That's a fancy way of saying "Trash compactors/dumpsters. So we're to clean them up by hosing them off. I was told that in the high summer that it can get really nasty cause you can encounter maggots & garbage so putrid that it smells like somebody died back there. People have been known to throw up & get violently sick from the stench. & I'm like "I'm getting paid minimum wage for doing this crap? Oh Hell No.."
    Anybody who knows me & has worked with me for any considerable length of time knows that I have a strong work ethic. When it's time to work then I work my ass off. I take a dim view of ANYONE who just stands around & doesn't pull their weight. & I don't care if they're just starting out and are around their teen years-they should know enough that when you're at a job that you're expected to work. At least that's what I hope their mommy & daddy taught them.
    Hersheypark can afford to pay their workers more than minimum wage. They charge $47.95 to get in the park, $10.00 for parking, & food so expensive that you almost need a loan for it!
    So I had enough & got some new prospects lined up. I want a full time job, working 5 days a week with 2 days off. Working at least 8 hours a day.
    The Hersheypark job would only last for the summer season. I don't know what I was thinking accepting it but now I have to be more picky.
    Thank you for your support...lol.

keep us posted on what happens... best of luck finding a job... let's make a deal... I wish you the best of luck on your full time job and you wish me the best of luck finding a night audit position.... deal?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Yeah, definitely best of luck! There has to be something better out there than suffering in the hellishness of that. I never understood why people that do the super pleasant necessary things to keep society running politely end up getting much less money than they really deserve. Shitty jobs should come with mega bucks.
      "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        keep us posted on what happens... best of luck finding a job... let's make a deal... I wish you the best of luck on your full time job and you wish me the best of luck finding a night audit position.... deal?

That's a deal & plenty of good luck.

Comment

Sorry it didn't work out for you Bright_Star. I worked at Kings Island for several years during college, and I enjoyed it mostly. I was in Games and Moneyroom though, so I had really different job requirements. I also had no-nonsense managers who would make sure everyone was doing their fair share.

Here's good hopes to both of you finding better work.
          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Hey BrightStar...

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I remember when you were first offered the job you were all excited... like a little kid jumping up and down.

Good luck on future endeavours though... and good on you for giving it to them
            When I said "From my research", what I actually meant to say was "Made shit up" - from a thottbot thread

Comment

Quoth Slytovhand View Post
              Hey BrightStar...

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I remember when you were first offered the job you were all excited... like a little kid jumping up and down.

Good luck on future endeavours though... and good on you for giving it to them

I was like a little kid in a candy shop...lol. Now I'm like a person who reaches into their Christmas stocking expecting to find something nice but only to discover a lump of coal...lol.
              I'll find a new job sooner or later. Something more substantial than what I had.

Comment

Sorry it didn't work out for you at HP. I live in that area (West Hanover) so i'm racking my brains trying to think of anything full-time around here.
                Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  Now I'm like a person who reaches into their Christmas stocking expecting to find something nice but only to discover a lump of coal...lol.
                  Don't you just love those . I don't blame you for quitting Hershey Park, good luck and to you getting a new job!
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                    Sorry it didn't work out for you Bright_Star. I worked at Kings Island for several years during college, and I enjoyed it mostly.
                    I wonder if we worked there at the same time?

And to you, Brightstar. Good luck on the new job hunt.
                    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Good luck to you! I feel bad for people who must work 2-3 jobs just to make ends meet.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                        That's a deal & plenty of good luck.
                        thanks for the well wishes... probably at least partially to everyone wishing me luck I finally got a Night Audit position... it's not as many hours as I had wanted... but there is a good chance that if I make it through the summer rush I'll get more hours come fall
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                        X